car wont start

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
i took all my switchs of my dash while the battery was still hooked up, but the battery was completely dead. could it still blow a fuse? or something worse?

jznsn2u

i took all my switchs of my dash while the battery was still hooked up, but the battery was completely dead. could it still blow a fuse? or something worse?
Fuses are used so the wire or the component being powered doesn't blow up. Did you charge your battery?

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
i just changed my oil pan if that helps any, but i dont see how that would stop the car from starting.
im going to go look at the terminals and the battery cables

mirrorimg

So you have a new charged battery in there and its not starting?

What exactly is happening? Do you hear the fuel pump priming? Is your car clicking? Is it turning over?

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
it has a new fuel pump and fuel filter. I cant hear no clicking or anything. It has to be the battery. the gauge lights arent even coming on.

mirrorimg

it has a new fuel pump and fuel filter. I cant hear no clicking or anything. It has to be the battery. the gauge lights arent even coming on.
Yep, its either the battery or the main fuse, which is one of the big ones in the engine compartment. Was the car running when the battery died?

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
when i bought the car it didnt run.I put the new fuel pump and filter on and charged the battery and it started right up and i let it warm up and i noticed a oil leaked. So i shut it off and it sat for a month and then i dropped the oil pan and found out the washer was thrased so i replaced the drain plug and tried to start it and the battery was dead. tried to charge it and jump it and nothing.

j13

Keep It Clean
If it doesn't turn over check the fuse. If it turns over without starting check for spark.

ilovejdmtegs

db1 b18 318HP
im not a pro so this might b stupid but if the fuse is good take ur starter off which is esy then take it to a auto parts store and ask them if its still good or if its going to go or gone...just throwing advice out there

Prozon

Kris
It sounds to me like that battery is just junk. If I read that right, your using the same battery that it came with, you just charged it up? It probably could have been a good battery if it was in the car running often. It might be too far gone now?

I'd suggest putting a new battery in it, or at least one you KNOW is good, then giving it a shot. If it doesn't make an attempt to start then, check back here.

idoke

It sounds to me like that battery is just junk. If I read that right, your using the same battery that it came with, you just charged it up? It probably could have been a good battery if it was in the car running often. It might be too far gone now?

I'd suggest putting a new battery in it, or at least one you KNOW is good, then giving it a shot. If it doesn't make an attempt to start then, check back here.
:headbang:

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Wow this is a old thred. My teg has just been sittin. Im going to have it running by the end of this month. I looked.. and the positive battery wire is all coroded and it need a new alternator, and driver side cv shaft.