Car won't start.

Gomer

I went to turn on my car and it wouldn't start, I'm no good with cars so you could see where this would be a problem.

When I turned the key in the ignition the lights on the dash turned on and there was a clicking sound. The radio also turned on.
I took the keys out of the ignition and popped the hood to find the cooling fan going.
After discovering that, I figured I would try starting the car again. Upon the second time of turning my key in the ignition the radio did not come on, the lights on the dash were dimmer and a loud sound erupted from beneath my glove compartment.
I once again took the keys out of the ignition and kind of sat there for a few moments. The sound from below the compartment turned off. I then figured I would check the switch for the headlights to make sure I didn't accidentally leave the lights on and kill the battery (which has happened before). I found the lights switch to be in the off position. I then decided to then turn the headlight switch on and then off and the noise beneath the glove compartment began again.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my poor baby?

I just went outside to try once more and the noise from below the glove compartment is still going. I put the key in the ignition and attempted at starting my car and the noise from below the glove compartment turned off. As soon as I took my keys out it began again and won't stop.

Last edited:

FreshGSR

JDM Enthusiast
Get a jump.

If it starts, get your battery tested at autozone or kregan asap to make sure it's good.

Could be going bad.

Prozon

Kris
Your battery is dead. I know what sound you're referring to. Charge or replace your battery. Or just jump start the car. Get your alternator checked at an autoparts store afterwards to make sure it doesn't go dead again.

JGvtec

Get a jump.

If it starts, get your battery tested at autozone or kregan asap to make sure it's good.

Could be going bad.
Your battery is dead. I know what sound you're referring to. Charge or replace your battery. Or just jump start the car. Get your alternator checked at an autoparts store afterwards to make sure it doesn't go dead again.
like they all said your car battery is dead. Either A. get your car jumped or B. Trickle charge it so you can go get a new one. Im pretty sure auto parts stores put it in for you for free.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
What the heck is the noise under the glove compartment though? Hopefully its just your battery being low. Make sure all accesories are off next time you try to start your car, no lights, radio, fans, nothing. -Aaron

Prozon

Kris
The sound is like a beeper chime kind of thing, but with a dead battery it comes on when it's not supposed to.. and it does not sound in any way like it should. :p