Car won't start

teg91ls

ok my DA is a pain in the ass right now, its steaming out of the headers and now wont start!. im thinking its the fuel pump. my car used to turn on then turn off. and would have to press the gas pedal to start it. if it is the fuel pump how would i fix or replace it?

teg91ls

well there is spark, i dont hear anything or ever heard the fuel pump. the engine obviously cranks but doesnt turn over. before the car wouldnt start there were times where ill turn it on, and itll automatically die, and itll take a while to turn on, now it just wont start

1994 Integra

Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key to the on position? Then go off after 2 seconds? Check to make sure your main relay is working as well. Located behind the driverside kick panel.

BAwithaDA

Erik
When you turn your key is there a click noise or does it just strain to turnover. Because if so it could be your starter syllinoid. And what happens is there's like a rod in the starter and when you turn the key the rod moves out and there's a gear on the end of it and it grabs and then starts and when it's bad it's not moving out all the way to grab so it keeps winding. If the problem occurs try buying a new starter and going from there that's all I can think of its called the starter armature. That's the rod. Inside the starter

Last edited: