Changing belts on 98 integra GS?

FauxTypeR

hey i bought all 3 belts i need to replace my old ones (power steering, ac, alternator belt) and i just wanted to know if you guys have a link to something i can follow to be able to do this? unless you guys know how by memory, any help would be nice thanks!

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
When was the last time the timing belt was done?
And are you changing the other belts just cause or are they showing signs of age/wear or has something broken?

All the belts are usually done at the same time, the 3 that you want and the timing belt. Unless the timing belt has been done recently (while you have owned the car) then it should be done as well, even if the previous owner says it was done at xxxxx miles or on whatever date.

The timing belt job also includes the water pump, timing belt tensioner pulley, and valve cover gasket at a minimum.

Theasian

The belts are pretty easy. Start by removing the P/S belt Look at the side of the p/s pump you'll see two bolts i believe they are 12mm bolts. Loosen both those bolts don't take them off just loosen. Them the Nut on top of the p/s pump back that way down until you can pull the belt off. Now what i do some people dont is take the two 12mm bolt out and move the pump out of your way.

Next look down under the p/s pump and locate the a/c comp tensioner pulley. Loosen the 14 mm nut of the side of the pulley. Now you'll see a bolt going up from behind the pulley loosen that bolt until your able to get the belt off.

Last the alternator. Loosen the bottom bolt 14mm and the top slide bolt 12mm (i believe) pull the alternator toward the engine and pull the belt off.

Install in reverse order. Use a screw or pry bar help with leverage on the alternator. Shoot for 1/4-1/2" of deflection of each belt. They will loosen up a bit and probably have to be retightened after a bit.

Another tip spray pb blaster or wd40 on the bolts before hand like a day before especially the tensioner bolts for the a/c and p/s makes life much easier.

Also what merlin said when was the timing belt changed. Belts typically req replacement every 90-110k so right around when the Timing belt is due