Clicking sound behind cd player

WickedClownz

Everytime I turn on my car, whether I start it or just turn the key to the on position I will get this clicking noise that clicks about 10 times really fast but thats the only time I hear it. My first guess is the cd player but have no idea how it would do that.

Just posting this to see if anyone has ever heard of this. Otherwise I will be searching this weekend for the problem

WickedClownz

Haha, I asked the last owner about it and of course they "have never heard what I am talking about". But its loud enough that its always noticeable.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
you didn't spill any faygo on it did you? :alcoholic

^^^^lol ...........woot....wooot... lol

no its the radio trying to kill its self

can you set your stations? or dose every time you turn it off dose it go back to some staion you never lisen to? it just may be that one of your hot wires is not on a constant 12V, it may be just flip the wires or find a contant 12v. i think it the cd player when you shut off your car the lazor eye thing just stops and when you turn it on it moves foward to read the cd and just gets stuck and thats were you hear the cliking noise. from

WickedClownz

Started the car today and had my hand on the cd player and could feel it moving with each click so that must be the problem. Will look more in depth later on.