clutch issue need help ??

jenktj93

i have a 93 integra stock engine b18a. i was told from the previous owner that it had a gsr tranny but im not sure about that but he did mention he changed the transmission fluid
the problem.
when i start the car up the i let it get warm then put the pedal all the way down and then first i hit the gas. it takes off. i do the same for for second gear but it revs high before i feel the acceleration when i switch to second and third. however this stops after 5 min of driving.
last night as i parked i could hear a little whistling sound near the pedals but when i pressed the clutch down it stopped and let it go it started again. you have to really listen to hear it though very low
to me it feels like the clutch when released from the floor takes its time to come back up. its not spring at all
whats going on any one help??

next when i shake the clutch pedal with my hand it feels like its really loose. from its resting point i can pull the clutch pedal up towards me and it loosely falls back down. like its dead lol
i was told by my mechanic that it could be the cable but i should replace the clutch and flywheel 250 in labor

i purchased the xtd stage three n flywheel off ebay but read bad reviews on its long term performance and canceled the transaction
im currently looking at the oe exedy clutch n fidanza flywheel or f1 flywheel for about 279
on this site i seen the competition clutch stage 1 and exedy stage 1
should i get the packaged oe exedy clutch and fw or just buy an stage 1 clutch ????

Last edited: