Cold Air Intake help; Did i get screwed??

larp

bay area chillin
Alright, so my intake apparently only came with enough space to hook up the one hose that goes to the valve cover, but there are no holes for the other two smaller hoses that connect to the top of the throttle body.
i'm assuming that i probably need those and this intake was a total bust. but i'm hoping somebody can prove me wrong here :???:

here's what i'm talking about......

did i just screw myself over buying this frackin thing?

Last edited:

Sean76

They look like vaccum hoses, maybe you can plug them. Someone who knows should chime in soon.

mirrorimg

You can T a couple of them together into one, but the valvecover hose should have its own line I believe.

Searched for some second gen engine bays, came across this. Looks like it has two nipples for the hoses on the stock manifold.

larp

bay area chillin
You can T a couple of them together into one, but the valvecover hose should have its own line I believe.

Searched for some second gen engine bays, came across this. Looks like it has two nipples for the hoses on the stock manifold.
i was looking at pictures also, but taking a second look at the pipe that's suppose to have two nipples, i for sure definitely only have one -,- would it be wise to drill a hole and T the two into that one?

navysailor956

Yeah man, I dont think there would be a problem with you drilling a hole to accomodate the other hoses. You could also just cap them, thats what I did on my DB2, no problem. Thats a clean DA BTW.

larp

bay area chillin
Yeah man, I dont think there would be a problem with you drilling a hole to accomodate the other hoses. You could also just cap them, thats what I did on my DB2, no problem.
soooooo, you just capped the hoses and drove around like that without any problems?

Thats a clean DA BTW.
thanks! :) i have a war machine bobblehead on my dash, hence her name, war machine bwahaha

Last edited:

larp

bay area chillin
ok, so how would the car react if just leave the two hoses open into the engine bay? if they're vacuum hoses wouldn't that be ok? or would they just suck in all of the heat from the engine and fck up the throttle body or something else?

someone please reply soon :/

WDEDMON1

Damn Nice azz teg.

Shouldnt mess nething up I dont think

navysailor956

Well when I installed my Skunk2 intake mani my CAI didnt fit cuz the ABS was in the way, so I just been running open throttle with the plugs for a bit now with no problem. Throttle body still works fine and everything. I would send u a pic, but im on vacation right now and my cars at home... alone!!