Complete brake job

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So I just did calipers, rotors, and pads on the rear axle. I am aware squeaking is normal when this is done, but there is a black line on the side of the rotor that faces the rim. It's all the way on the inside of the rotor. I just want to know if this is also normal. I've done pads a lot but never calipers rotors and pads at the same time. Thanks for your help guys.

mirrorimg

I dont really understand what you mean by a black line. Is it on part of the rotor that the pad passes over?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i'll have to take a picture tomorrow. it is sort of hard to explain. I'm thinking maybe some brake fluid got baked on to the rotor. Or maybe it's just the way the pads are breaking in? Don't know. Driver's side squeaks, passenger side doesn't. But they both have the black lines...

did u bleed the brakes well? may have a stuck caliper and it sounds like u either are digging into the rotor or u have a hot spot created by the caliper not releasing.

OlegWasHere

i have a 95 se
just did a whole break job
pads rotors and calipers nothing squeaks
i now stop on a dime though.

but bump...

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
black line is almost gone now. squeaking is starting to disappear also. I've done about 300-400mi of driving since the job.