Considering trading for this integra...

BigDAT

So right now I am driving a 94 Corolla TRD, and I may be trading with a guy that has this 2nd gen integra (91 GS)

Pictures:

My question to you guys is, what the some things I should look for specifically? I wanna make sure I am gonna end up with a good car, I dont want it to break down on the way home lol. also I started reading the forums a bit last night and I have decided then if I do get this car, I will be doing my main build stuff on this forum, it seems to have the best mix of users.

Last edited:

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Fuckin do it.

Look for:
Speedo rattle
MFR issues on a hot day
hatch rattle
water damage on passenger side floor

and any standard things you'd look for.

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra.
I wrote this for some other person that asked a question similar to yours, here you go-
jznsn2u said:
Sup, let me give you some tips on what you should be focused on. i'll take time to write somethings i've learned while buying cars.

1. Don't look at just the price. You need to look at the car as a whole, not by how much it costs.
2. Is it a Clean Title / Salvaged. if you might think you would resell the car you purchase in the future, try to aim for a clean title. salvaged usually means the car has been stolen, in an accident, vandalized etc hence harder to sell. KBB the value of the car.
3. What is the Mileage? it's a honda it will easily last well over 200k if you DON'T ABUSE IT. I personally would not buy an integra over 150k miles. that's just me.
4. Body condition - does it have rust? dents are inevitable. rust is a major problem.
5. Interior condition? - the infamous crack in the dash board isn't to big of a problem, check the seat - wear and tear, carpet, center console, power window condition, radio/ speakers - are they blown?
6. Performance Now this is a very important. don't think just because it has a super clean valve cover doesn't mean its legit. 8urcivic is a great valve cover painter anyone can buy one from him.
A.The best way to check the life of your engine is a compression test on all of the cylinders.
B.Test the clutch, run through all gears make sure there's no GRIND/ POP OUT.
C.Actually take a look at the block and look at the condition / dirty / clean - this will tell you about how the the previous owner treated the car.
D.Brakes - if the car isn't on hub caps, and has actual rims you can see through like oh say... gsr blades, you can check the pad life. and of course test it when you drive it.
E. Suspension - are the shocks blown? is it a bouncy ride? stock - smooth but high. aftermarket lowered - stiff is good but if its your daily you will get annoyed if your area has a lot of bumps.
F. If the car is modified of course you will HAVE to go through a more Thorough inspection of the car, how it was built and if it was built RIGHT. *Get the receipts for any aftermarket modification.
7. Craigslist is a good way to find cheap cars but you MUST inspect the car. The reason why people use craigslist over autotrader or ebay is because it is FREE.
8. Expect to find money hungry bastards. Cheap ass fools and bullshit posers.
9. When you email a seller be polite even in person. I personally have bought 2 integra's and because I was polite and I knew what I was talking about, I got minor discounts. No this is not called sucking dick. it's called networking. If you could spend 10 mins talking and making a new friend, they could hook you up.
10. Bring someone with you when you spec a car. Not someone that you trust and doesn't know shit about cars, bring someone that actually has your back and has mechanical experience.
11. Be Cautious about scams, that's why don't go alone.
12. Work hard, save a lot.
13. When you buy your car bone stock, imo DO NOT RUSH MODIFYING YOUR CAR. At least take some time to clean it, and admire it how it was made. When the time is right do it. Trust me half of the guys on this thread still remember how there car USED to be and it means a lot to notice how much hard work they put in it, they didn't rush it.
14. Having a girlfriend doesn't help your automotive expenses. & please don't show off, this will get your car Keyed, windows bashed, a target to thieves + more haters. This means ( don't rev your engine @ school, no burn outs, don't be like that 15 year old kid who likes to rip his ebrake, Yes im punking on that kid who does and don't zoooom and bust flybys on your friends/neighbors they'll dishonor you as a friend.
15. Good luck. Oh and by the way, THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON YOUR CAR MODIFYING... yeah don't expect you to get all that back.

I swear if you become a ricer after reading this fyl.

I'm sorry I used aggressive language in this post.

Mak_weemia

Considering trading for this integra

My 1990 Integra RS is giving me issues. The car will start no problem for weeks and then out of nowhere it will refuse to start I have spark and the engine turns over but that is it. I’ll leave it for a day and then try to start it again and it starts right up I’m confused over this. Could this be the fuel pump going? Could it be electrical? Please help.

JGvtec

My 1990 Integra RS is giving me issues. The car will start no problem for weeks and then out of nowhere it will refuse to start I have spark and the engine turns over but that is it. I’ll leave it for a day and then try to start it again and it starts right up I’m confused over this. Could this be the fuel pump going? Could it be electrical? Please help.
Start your own thread so people can answer it for you. Don't thread jack. Its not nice ;)

Cripton805

Sell your car instead and get a low milage all stock DA from an old lady. Sadly, DAs cant be trusted too well anymore since most guys beat the crap out of em... I put alot of money on my old one to make it realiable. Then again it was a shell when I got it. Buy it from someone you can trust