Could a suspension upgrade hurt value?

1999GSR

I recently purchased a 1999 Integra GS-R, I obviously love the engine- but I was wondering whether or not upgrading the suspension is a good idea. As it only has 52k on it and is extremely clean, I was thinking it might be more valuable bone stock. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

mirrorimg

Save your OEM springs/struts then. If you decide to sell, put them back on.

It isnt that it hurts the value of the car, its the fact that you will never recoup the price tag on the upgrade.

1999GSR

suspension

If I do upgrade suspension, I know relatively little about this area- what makes the most sense, better springs and struts or a new steeriing rack? or something I'm not thinking of? Thanks

XxCaryxX

Take a look into Coilovers and the likes. Skunk2 offer some. Just browse the site and have a looksie to get an idea what you would like to ride on if you decide to go that route.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Absolutely. There are many people such as myself that simply will not touch a modified Honda / Acura. And with good reason. It took me almost a year to find my stock GSR, and I had to fly 700 miles to get it. But nothing is to stop you from putting it to stock when you sell it. And you can sell your suspension separately to get more of your money back.

If you slam your car, it really doesn't matter if you have struts or not. The suspension wont work properly anyway. But if you do a reasonable drop to a max of about 2 inches from stock, then the struts are very important. The struts have more impact on handling than the springs, and you need uprated struts to keep the car safe. The struts are what keep the tires on the road. The struts need to be matched to the springs so they're best bought as a shock set.

Tokico makes a cheap but decent set. Pairing Koni's with Ground Control coilovers costs a bit more but it's an excellent setup.