d16a1 with d18a1 cams?

da3man

hello guys i picked up my white da3 88 integra and it needs rebuilt and i was wondering since i cant find much performance parts can i use d18 parts for my d16 like cams and intake and such for performance or what cause i dont have the money for a b16 or b18 swap please help guys im only 15 but this is my 2nd car and i have the know how trust me

94RS

No fucks given.
Been a while since I last did one of these...

hello guys
Hi there.

i picked up my white da3 88 integra and it needs rebuilt
That's... Not good.

and i was wondering since i cant find much performance parts
The engine needs to be rebuilt and you're worrid about performance parts...?

can i use d18 parts for my d16
What's a D18?

like cams and intake and such for performance or what
Considering that a D18 isn't a thing, and the D16 in the G1 is a DOHC vs the rest of the SOHC D-series... I'm gonna say no. DOHC ZC parts will work.

cause i dont have the money for a b16 or b18 swap
Here's an idea, sell the car and buy a Civic or G2/G3 Integra.

please help guys im only 15
There's the problem right there.

but this is my 2nd car
Your dad's car doesn't count as yours because you learned to drive with it...

and i have the know how trust me
:rolf:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Why do you need a car anyways? Too cool for the bus?

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Save your money and swap a B18C in it. There's no such thing as a D18 and you'd be wasting money rebuilding your current engine to be even relatively quick.

da3man

sorry guys i dont know much about hondas or acuras and i bought the car on my own i saved up for it and i turn 16 tomorrow also will a lsvtec work?

da3man

most people dont know about how ive always worked on cars i dont care about my age but i think you guys dont need to be mean to me im just need help also**UPDATE** i did a compression test and there was 200 psi and above in each cylinder:shock:

94RS

No fucks given.
You can't LS/V a D-series.... That's a B-series swap. Now if you're talking about swapping it into your G1, its been done before and there are swap mounts made for it, but you'll end up spending as much money as you would buying a decent G2 or G3.

And we're not being mean, we're like this to everyone. :lol:

da3man

my friend said there was a d18 sorry guys maybe he was thinking a b18? idk im juts gonna rebuild the head and call it good then i was gonna focus on better handling?
possibly a tiny bit lower in the back?