Definitely Electrical

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So while driving earlier today I had my radio shut off completely for about two seconds, then start back up. Odd, I thought, but nothing I worried about. I pulled into my driveway maybe 20 min later and just before i did, the radio shut off again. I noticed that the "Door" light was on so I opened and closed all the doors. The light stayed on. I then tried some other stuff in the car. The defroster, the dome light, and the radio don't work at all. The clock is very dim and has 5 dim red lines running horizontally across it. Everytime I start the car it resets to "1:00." If I set the dome light to "On" or "Off," it does nothing. If it is on "Door," the light in the gauge cluster comes on for the open door light. Everything else in the car works absolutely fine. Wipers, windows, lights, etc. I'm thinking there is a short somewhere or a bad relay. I have NO idea where to start so if anyone has had this happen, PLEASE HELP!!

I've already disconnected the battery for a while with no luck and checked all fuses under the driver's side.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
try this. take out a fuse to something you think may cause a problem. if the problem still persists then put the fuse back in and go to the next one you think it is.. if that doesnt work. try buying a multimeter and check the wiring from the clock, radio, etc and see if theres a short or something

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
see i had a bmw that had everything tied together with the radio fuse. So when i shorted the radio out the horn blew and so did the windows along with it... the fuses i mean. with hondas i never noticed that same issue. i'll try it though. let me know if anyone else has idea's! i'm scared!! :shock:

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Nothing guys?? Hopefully it's just because everyone is at work or I'm screwed!! Lol

speedin

The Transporter
It was already said, but start with all of your fuses. Check them all (wont take but a few more mins to check all of them). And as blaketeg said, what is aftermarket? Headunit, gauges, security system, etc? Are there a bunch of hacked-up wires under the dash or behind the radio?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Well, I feel like a jackass now. The first thing I did before posting was disconnect my battery and check my fuses. I read the fuse map backwards. I thought i stuck a blown fuse in one of the spare fuse slots but it was really the fuse for the radio, cigarette lighter, and interior light. fml.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time I'll go sit in silence for an hour. :shock: