Do i need to rewire the whole radio?

JVMV

I have a problem with my radio. I installed a pioneer head unit in my 90 integra. I had the help with a wiring diagram I found online and I used crimps to wire it together.

Sometimes when I'm driving I hit a bump and the audio cuts off all speakers for a while(not the head unit itself) and sometimes it stays off until I hit another bump on the road for it to start working. I thought I wired it wrong so I rewired it again but it still does the same thing.

I'm no wiring expert but I do know what I was doing.

Is it the way I wired the head unit or is it the car wiring itself? I couldn't really find an answer on the forums but if you can find one it'll be helpful.

Any input is appreciated

JVMV

Actually i never had a working head unit till i put one in so i dont really know if it had the same problem before.

96LSteg

Jemel
also look at the wires at the speaker. One time I thought a speaker had blown because it sounded all scratchy and what not. Come to find out the stupid PO jimmy rigged the speakers in the back and a wire was hanging by a thread. fixed that sh**

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It does sound alot like a speaker wire is touching ground somewhere, because even when one wire to one speaker gets grounded out, it'll knock out the sound to all four speakers. Or maybe a speaker isn't mounted well, and when you hit a bump it moves and the terminal hits a metal area, and grounding out that way.

infected_molly

Yeah mine does the same thing but my still the stock radio; I'm pretty sure that is a short or something in that nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk