does not start now! :(

jponce

i went and put gas in my teg.. started up fine. put gas in it and when i went to start it, started up and den just died.. started it again and stumbled and died. now it just cranks over... i let it sit for a day and it started but then died instantly.. then just cranked again.. i just found out the pump isnt turning on.. so, if it aint the relay, does that make it the pump???

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I'm not sure if this is your problem or not.. but just going to put it out there. If your car is auto then nvm, if it's stick read on.

Get someone to push your car.
You sit in the car, put it in 1st, release the clutch halfway-ish, at the same time accelerate, and car should start. Be careful though, if you've never done it before you either will stall the car trying to start it (lol), or gas too much and hit a care in front of you, so do it on an open isolated street.

If you have no one to push, and you have a hill big enough to roll the wheels.
Do the same thing that I said above but without someone pushing. You could do it in reverse too, just roll backwards down the hill, and put it in reverse.

jponce

test your wires going to the pump if they are getting power its your pump
do i have to drop the tank to test those wires?? and if it is the fuel pump.. how hard is it to drop these tanks??

do i have to drop the tank to test those wires?? and if it is the fuel pump.. how hard is it to drop these tanks??
no the pump is under your back seat. also if you decide to push start the car use second or third gear it's a lot easier on your car that way.

jponce

no the pump is under your back seat. also if you decide to push start the car use second or third gear it's a lot easier on your car that way.
what would push starting it do? if the pump is not turning on.. it still wouldnt start right?

jponce

sooo.. found the pump.. unplugged it and hit it a couple of times.. goes on now and starts right up..
possibly signs of a bad fuel pump??