door closing issues

408DB2

Hello, I noticed that my driver side door does not close properly, i have to really slam it shut in order to close it all the way. At first I thought maybe the door latch/hook needed some type of adjustment but then I realized that the top right corner window weather stripping is causing my door not to close fully. I rolled down my window partially and the door closed fine without having to slam the door shut. This is on my 93 db2. I read somewhere that I could "shave" the weather stripping??? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips? It's getting really annoying how I have to slam the door shit in order to close it right.

The weather stripping does seem to be thicker on the top right corner of the window which causes the window to stick out a little making the door not close all the way.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
As I responded to your post on G2IC...

this is a common issue with G2's... the window track gets loose and causes the window to pop out when closing the door.. slamming it doesn't make it any better.

you have to pull the door panel off and there are some screws you can use to adjust this. SOmeone on G2IC wrote an article about fixing this issue so look around that site

my fix was a lazier approach and I just hold the window in place while I close the door... Works great for now until I get around to fixing it correctly.

emd513

this is a common issue with G2's... the window track gets loose and causes the window to pop out when closing the door.. slamming it doesn't make it any better.

you have to pull the door panel off and there are some screws you can use to adjust this. SOmeone on G2IC wrote an article about fixing this issue so look around that site

my fix was a lazier approach and I just hold the window in place while I close the door... Works great for now until I get around to fixing it correctly.
This^^^^^^^ do not shave the stripping unless you want leaks. Also check and make sure the door is not sagging from years of wear. Just in case

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

408DB2

Ahhh ok cool i see...Will i be adjusting the Window itself? of the window track? You wouldn't happened to know what the name of the thread is on G2IC?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Just close the door by the glass...same thing happens on my 91 teg's passenger door.

408DB2

Just close the door by the glass...same thing happens on my 91 teg's passenger door.
I would... but leaving hand prints on my window will eventually get annoying :lol:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
I would... but leaving hand prints on my window will eventually get annoying :lol:
not as annoying as a wet seat buddy :roll:

can't find the article... I know it is there but cannot remember my keywords that took me to it...

anyways as I posted over there... you are going to have to pull your door panel to inspect what is going on... I forgot to add that a bent regulator can cause this issue... that is what happened to mine. SOme jackwad at Park-n-Fly lot by SFO used a wedge on my window to get in the car to move it... bent the regulator slightly & subsequently I have had this issue since... Mechanic quoted 300 bucks to fix it with an OEM part... FIngerprints are much cheaper to deal with for now hahaha

Regardless cheap fix is to close the door by the window.

Last edited: