door swap?

DA9Mappy

NOOB
Hey guys noob on the site.

I have a 91 ls with no power lock and a donor gs with power everything. I was wondering if it was possible to swap doors but mainly the door wires. The ls only has one wire plug going in to the door wile the gs has two plugs going in to the door my question is how do I take the extra harness out?

Ill try to get pics later.

Prozon

Kris
I have never done this, but i'm fairly certain you will need more then the doors and the wiring inside of it. I think there are extra fuses and such that are in the LS.

SnD3

Basically, it would be easiest to just strip all the wires from the doors of the GS, including the wire harness that goes to the fuses of the fuse box. I am not sure if the LS had the same fuse box as the GS, so it could be as hard to remove it, and reinstall it in the LS, than it is worth. I would swap everything from the LS that is good, into the GS, and make that work... lol Otherwise, the doors are the same... Just swap windows, and all the gear to make it manual, rather than electric... It's lighter anyhow!

DA9Mappy

NOOB
I had the gs before and I was happy untill it got ass raped by some dumb girl who doesnt know how to use her breaks or eyes for that matter. Any how I have an ls now and it has power windows and mirrors but no power locks. Basically I'm just wondering if the extra luxury is worth all the effort of swapping doors and wires or should I just move on?

Prozon

Kris
But where would that wiring go in the car bud? It doesn't quite work like that.
I'm not sure if the luxury is worth the effort man, at least not for me.

SnD3

That is weird... My GS has the manual locks... It's a pain in the ass, just not worth even worrying about for me... You know?

Prozon

Kris
Are you sure you have a GS? I thought all GS trim Integra's had power everything. Mine does...

DagoAcura92

Just go to an alarm stereo shop and ask them to install door lock actuatiors hooked up to a switch in the center console and maybe get an alarm while ur at it.In reallity tho, what u are asking is possible with out wiring to fuse box n all, new fused power wires and relays will get the swapped parts working.

Last edited:

DA9Mappy

NOOB
well I decided not to go through the trouble I mainly wanted to do it because I had a viper alarm on the gs and it was pretty awesome to be able to pus a button wile walking away and know that its locked and protected.

well... anyone want a viper alarm just pulled it oud dunno if I should install it without the locking mechanism or just sell it.... eh I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the help guys!!:D