ebay short shifters

paoloDa92

hey CI,
im thinking of getting a short shifter from ebay for $12! are these any good?

post your short shifters!

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
You will regret wasting your time and money. Sure you can save a lot of money and get a shifter for $12 but it WILL break and you will have to replace it. A buddy of mine cut his hand up from a shifter breaking. Your best bet is to dish out the extra cash and get a good named brand. I got the Skunk2 dual bend with weighted Skunk2 knob and love it.

I know it's deceiving at first, being able to save money, but just remember that you'll have to replace that "cheap" part down the road and you'll probably end up going with a better product anyway so why not just get the better product right away?

loldoode

You will regret wasting your time and money. Sure you can save a lot of money and get a shifter for $12 but it WILL break and you will have to replace it. A buddy of mine cut his hand up from a shifter breaking. Your best bet is to dish out the extra cash and get a good named brand. I got the Skunk2 dual bend with weighted Skunk2 knob and love it.

I know it's deceiving at first, being able to save money, but just remember that you'll have to replace that "cheap" part down the road and you'll probably end up going with a better product anyway so why not just get the better product right away?
^this.....12 bucks for a short shifter? don't you think something is a little fishy about that?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Just remember, you get the quality you pay for.

paoloDa92

also i have a buddy thats selling me a type r shifter and i like the way it looks and i was wondering would that be able to fit on my DA?

thanks guys

goofygamer

Yeah, I definitely don't recommend it. When my friend bought his Type-R, the short shifter in there felt solid, but once he put on a weighted shift knob, it broke on him. Same thing with my uncle. When he just started getting into the car scene, someone sold him a "skunk2" short shifter and as soon as I bought him the Skunk2 shift knob, that shifter broke on him too. Little did he know, it was an ebay brand since there was no Skunk2 sign on the shifter. In the end, my buddy with the Type-R switched to TWM Performance Stage 2 and my uncle switched to a genuine Skunk2 Short Shifter. Well worth the money and you will not risk having to drive home with just half of your short shifter sticking out.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ebay shifters will either break where the knob is or down at the ball.

if you want a low-priced good shifter, megan would be your best bet. ive used one for 4 years and never had any problems.