emissions failure- too rich- help

Ben303

so i failed emissions. im broke. and i got ten days to try again. so please help if you know how to lower your CO (carbon monoxide) level.

they said my CO was 71.00 and the limit is 20.00. thats 3an1/2 times the limit. high carbon monoxide levels are caused by having too rich of an air fuel mixture

i have already replaced my o2 sensor. and put in some 44k.

if anyone has any tricks or ideas of how i can pass emissions let me know please. thanks

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Could be the Cat as Cripton said. Do you know if they pre-conditioned the car for you? They can run the car at 2-3k for 3 minutes so that everything gets really hot and then run the emissions test. Make sure they do this next time. Maybe try reseting the computer by disconnecting the battery and pressing on the brakes. Make sure you drive around so that all the monitors are set before you go back in assuming you have a post 1996 integra. Good Luck!
- Aaron

Ben303

ok so its a 90 ls automatic is ther any way to test your cat what if i took it off and looked through it? because when i put on this catback i had to take off my cat to get these studs out and i saw a honey comb type filter im pretty sure i remember seeing light through ther so i dont think its cloged. but it is all rusty and old. can a cat just stop working from age? im pretty sure its stock and its got 220,000+ miles on it.

so if anyone can help i got six days to re-take the test i already got a new O2 sensor, catback, and pulled an old map sensor out of the junkyard to see if that was it. but no change in how it runs or smells. and i tested with a voltimeter and both the old and junkyard map sensors read the same.

IDK THIS CARS GIVIN ME A HEADACHE.

99Integrags

get one of the gauranteed to pass fuel additives run it through and the day you go back to get the smog done just warm the shit out out your car and don't turn it off at all so that your cat is workingand doesn't get cold.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
bump your timing back a bit

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i already got a new O2 sensor, catback, and pulled an old map sensor out of the junkyard to see if that was it.
IDK THIS CARS GIVIN ME A HEADACHE.
moral of the story, dont throw parts at a broken vehicle, troubleshoot first.

Ben303

your a dummy. it needed all that stuff anyway. now i think my air fuel ratio is too rich because my fuel pressure is too high. im getting a fuel pressure gauge tomorow. . and also i already put in 44k. it used to have a gaurentee. but idk. ill post if i pass or not.

XSB1X

that guarantee to thing is Bullspit i got one today and still faild my smog test by a lot i had a full service done to make car got the high grade gas and drove my car for about half hour in hight speed and faild

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Stop telling people to roam the streets on a low gear, it really doesn't do anything. The Cat will cooldown a lot by the time it actually gets tested. Best thing to do is just to ask them to pre-condition the car, running the car at 2-3k for 3 minutes. The GTP stuff is really no different that other fuel system cleaners I believe.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
How are the rest of your numbers? Posting the sheet with the results entirely might help someone troubleshoot the problem with you. Did you pass the functional and visual portions? Just because your other emission levels passed last time, it doesn't mean that they'll pass on your re-test. They could have been right on the edge and those numbers will always fluctuate. That's why it's important to post the entire results before asking other people what they think the problem is.

Secondly, what type of smog station did you take your car to and what was required by the DMV? You mentioned being broke, so you might want to explore other options and approaches as far as fixing your car goes. CA has the Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) which helps you pick up the tab up to a certain dollar amount if you can't afford to fix your car properly to pass emissions. They're also able to exempt you for two years, with of course a few rules and guidelines.

Ben303

ok so i passed everything but co levels

dont have the sheet with me. plus i already failed my re-test.

so i went to junk yard and put on different injectors, fuel pressure regulator, an resistor, still accelerates like shit. no difference at all. i dont know. mite sell it

everything iv read any everyone iv talkded to says air/fuel mixture too rich.

now im wondering if the o2 sensor connector is bad. cuz i got the cheap universal connection o2. it just had a boot you splice the old connection on, if that was bad, or my connection was bad it could be getting resistance and givig a false reading. i just dont know why when i replaced the o2, it didnt have any difference in acceleration or richness/fuel economy