engine running on rich

ixjimmyboixi

im not really smart on cars. but i have a gsr. and 320cc fuel injectors. i know thats to big of injectors thats why in running on rich. but the stock ones arent good anymore. what can i do to add more air into my motor? i already have a skunk 2 pro series manifold and an air intake. what else can i do to fix this problem? i was thinking about getting a p28 ecu wit an s300. get it tuned and hopefully that would solve my problem. what do you think?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Arbitrarily adding more airflow into the motor isn't going to solve your problem. Do you have a wideband O2 sensor setup? How do you know it's running rich?

If it is running rich getting it tuned properly will help, but you're wasting your money and all of that excess fuel & air without a proper set of cams, much less a decent header and exhaust system to utilize it.

The surest thing you can do to solve the problem is to put the motor back to stock.

ixjimmyboixi

i just got the o2 sensor today. im about to put it on. its running rich cuz i took out the spark plug and it was black. i got some header and exaust system. i was hoping the tuning will make less fuel go into the car. and more air. i would put the stock injectors on but they broke at the tip.

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
take it to a tuner, may cost a lilbit but they can prob get it runnin better that it ever has!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Even with a tune, the injectors are going to be too big. You can't dial them back enough. Fuel flow is controlled by the length of time they're held open. Well at idle those times get very low. Once they get to 1ms, they become unpredictable and the ecu can't control them.

The only thing you can do is get some stock injectors. ebay or junkyard.

If you keep running your engine rich you'll wear out the bores and piston rings. Excess fuel washes the oil away.

How to get more air into the motor? Well that's the trick isn't it. More air = more power. That's the whole point. Turbo or serious N/A build... but even so, that doesn't increase air into your motor at idle. So for setups that need to idle and require ridiculously large injectors, you can do what Edelbrock does and have two separate sets of injectors on the same intake manifold. Or you can turn the fuel pressure way down at idle and find a way to ramp it up more aggressively than the stock vacuum setup.