Engine shakes/rattle

codeblue

So I have a '93 and upon coming to a full stop (foot on the brake) the car shakes/rattles alot that the steering wheel can be seen shaking. I find that if I switch to neutral the engine shaking stops. What could be causing this? Listed below are things I've had done so far after getting the car.
Oil and filter change (synthetic)
Spark plugs replacement.
Air filter
all four brakes (calipers & pads)
I only use premiim gas since the previous owner was doing it.
Is it the engine mounts? The drivers side looks like it was replaced recently but the passenger side still looks OEM.
I appreciate your insight to this engine shaking

codeblue

It's an automatic, wish it was a stick.
How do I confirm that it's the mounts?
Also, trans is acting weird at times. When putting it in reverse it doesn't always engaged immediately unless the car has been running for awhile.
I still need to do a trans fluid change, it's been awhile since it was changed by the original owner. I've had the car for less than 700miles so far.
I was saving up for new struts and sound system this spring, speakers are shot.

teg cruzr

Your torque converter is not unlocking when you slow down. That's why when you shift in to neutral it smoothes out. Does the car want to stall when your stopped?
You might be able to baby it with a trans service and some ATF treatment like Lucas. My brother is having the same problem with an accord he picked up cheap.

Last edited:

codeblue

Sometimes it does seems like it wants to stall when fully stop and in neutral. I'll take it in for a trans service soon, hopefully it'll improve the shaking. Thanks.