engine treatments

da9teggy

my 1990 da9 needs a tune up and not only that the person i brought the car from had car siting for a long time. so i no the car has lots of bluid up so which engine treatment would be good lucas or seafoam please let me know what u guys think. and car has 194 589 miles on it

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't like seafoam. I use Valvoline fuel treatment cleaner every 5000 miles before I change the oil. If you use a treatment in a tank of gas, you should always change the oil afterwards; to drain out all the little nasties that got knocked loose.

seafoam is AMAZING and a great product..

You could buy 1 16 oz bottle

put 1/3 of the can in the gas tank
put 1/3 of the can in the intake trac via brake booster hose
put 1/3 of the can in the engine oil

run the car for 100 miles then change the oil

the seafoam in the brake booster hose should be put in last..

start the car suck up the remaining 1/3 can then let the engine die wait 5 minutes and then start it up... Then hop in and go flogg it for a while till the smoke goes away.

in 100 miles drain and change the oil/filter

heykosal

Angkorian
Right, changing the oil afterwards is the step a lot of people forget/skip

legendz411

seafoam is AMAZING and a great product..

You could buy 1 16 oz bottle

put 1/3 of the can in the gas tank
put 1/3 of the can in the intake trac via brake booster hose
put 1/3 of the can in the engine oil

run the car for 100 miles then change the oil

the seafoam in the brake booster hose should be put in last..

start the car suck up the remaining 1/3 can then let the engine die wait 5 minutes and then start it up... Then hop in and go flogg it for a while till the smoke goes away.

in 100 miles drain and change the oil/filter

How safe and error proff is this? My teg is due for some sort of internal maintence soon and I was thinking about getting it foamed. Is that really all you have to do?