-Exhaust Help Needed-

raider89

1996 Integra GSR 5 Speed

I purchased a header to fix my old cracked header, and it seems the header is a 2.5 opening and the cat on it is 2.25 opening so the bolt holes and pipe dont quite line up.

What would be the best way to get this fab'd up?

Was thinking of possibly just getting a 2.5 to 2.25 reducer and connecting the pipes together.

Or having a exhaust shop weld it or weld something.

Im running open headers and I would rather not attract every cop in the city.

Ryan659

I wouldn't weld it, would be a PITA to remove down the line.

Take it to an exhaust shop and see what they can do

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
1996 Integra GSR 5 Speed

I purchased a header to fix my old cracked header, and it seems the header is a 2.5 opening and the cat on it is 2.25 opening so the bolt holes and pipe dont quite line up.

What would be the best way to get this fab'd up?

Was thinking of possibly just getting a 2.5 to 2.25 reducer and connecting the pipes together.

Or having a exhaust shop weld it or weld something.

Im running open headers and I would rather not attract every cop in the city.
You would want to have a inner diameter of 2.5 alllll the way thru to the muffler (since your header is 2.5). So NO bottle necks.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Depends on your exhaust, you could do a 2.5" flange on the cat. or get a JDM ITR fitment cat.

raider89

I seriously doubt mine was tuned, but it did have a header before and ran fine, it just had a huge crack in the pipe and was leaking pretty bad.

Was weird I never had a check engine light and I noticed I dont have a o2 sensor before my cat only after, the plugs theres but the sensor isnt.

The light is on now though after running off header