Fender Rubbing on 16x8 +40 lowered 3 inches?

GerardCB

Hey guys! I have a 2001 LS 4DR Teg.

I'm lowered about 3 inches.

My wheel setup is 16x7 +40, 195/45/16.

I want to put 1 inch spacers so "technically" it would be 16x8. However, I do not want to rub at all.

Would I need to roll my fenders? Or at least flatten the thing that runs on the inside edge of the fender?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
rolling the fenders IS flattening that edge on the inside of the fenders

Adding a 1" spacer makes it like a 16x9 not 8. You're forgetting 1" wider wheels are half inch on the inside and outside where the spacer would add all the width to the outside. Its not going to fit.

GerardCB

I dont think 1inch spacers is a good idea. Why not just get 16x8?
The money man. $50 vs $1000.

And really is that so muckman? I never knew that actually. I never read that anywhere.

So would you recommend only half inch?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
rolling the fenders IS flattening that edge on the inside of the fenders

Adding a 1" spacer makes it like a 16x9 not 8.

You're forgetting 1" wider wheels are half inch on the inside and outside where the spacer would add all the width to the outside. Its not going to fit.
Sort of.

Maybe that's simplifying it too much?

Depending on offset the width isn't necessarily split even at the hub. Same with a spacer, I'd say it's like having less offset than a wider rim.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
you will have to do more than roll/pull fenders. you might have to get stretch tires and -neg camber. In which case, you will basically be driving on the side wall, or very minimal on the tread themselves. If your going for the VIP stance theme, it will look retarded on a 7" wide wheels. Sorry, someone had to say it.
In other words, you might have to run 185 or 175 wide tires. just not sure if they make them :roll:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just get the fenders pulled by a good shop, they can give you a inch or two easy. It won't look bad if it's done right.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Adding a spacer doesn't make the wheel wider, it just moves the offset. If you're originally at +40, adding an inch spacer (25.4 mm) would effectively make it 16x7 +14.6 offset.

If you HAVE to get spacers, get hubcentric ones so that your spacer and wheel will be all aligned with the hub. Otherwise just get 16x8. you can find them for less than $1000.

Sammich

Adding a spacer doesn't make the wheel wider, it just moves the offset. If you're originally at +40, adding an inch spacer (25.4 mm) would effectively make it 16x7 +14.6 offset.

If you HAVE to get spacers, get hubcentric ones so that your spacer and wheel will be all aligned with the hub. Otherwise just get 16x8. you can find them for less than $1000.
you're right...i was thinking about my calculation when i was trying to figure how my konigs would sit in relation to my blades