Fix it or ditch it?

Tuner

Ok new here but I got a question, long story short took a trip down my old neighbourhood & seen my first car (2000 integra LS) I sold at 16 (24 now) still at the same guys house down the road I sold it to. Worse for ware yes but I'll be damned it was still around! Needles to say I talked the old guy to sell her back to me, now got her in to a shop & it needs -just from a glance- all it's brake lines replaced, power steering fixed as it's leaking & gas line replaced. No idea about her engine yet just jacked her up to see what I was getting into. She's only got 120,089km on her original motor & inside looks like no one has ever been in it. So my question is should I not bother to fix her? What kind of number am I looking at to replace all the brake lines? I Live on a island so rust has got to the old girl.

72Spitfire

Chances are if the hard brake lines are rusted, the fuel lines are too. Acura charges about $1900 which is pretty expensive (They have to undo the front subframe and gas tank among other things to replace the entire line). I took mine to a local garage and they did them all for $700 by patching new ones in just past the subframe and did a quality job. I now spray the all the lines with Plastidip to protect them and after every winter peel the old dip off and apply new. No corrosion at all so far.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Run stainless lines if that's what you have to do to get her drivable, they will never compare to hard lines though. Especially on the brakes.

Cheapest alternative if you can't find anything elsewhere.

Tuner

Thanks for the ideas & the quote, since the stickers are out & the gas line leaks getting it in to the shop is a hassle for just a look. I'll keep her for now & throw few hundred into her to see if I can get her back up & running like new, I'd hate to see her rot. But I'm not even sure what under the hood will need if anything, hoping just the wore out parts I ordered in already.