fuel pump/ injector

tommykhun

I <3 my integra
recently ive been posting issues about getting stuck/ wont accelerate happens randomly, i got a tune up and fix my cat. so i think it would be a bad fuel pump/ injector might be a leakage cause i smell gas from the hood that might be the reason why the car gets stuck/ won't accelerate. anyone have any thoughts?

phatintegra

Banned
When was the last time you change the fuel filter? What do you mean it get stuck? Define stuck. Does the motor bog down?

I'm thinking you flooded your motor with gas: The first thing, you should is check your oil dip stick to smell any gas. If you do smell allot of gas. Change the oil asap because you prob damage your rods bearings.

Last edited:
could be a leaky injector however I don't see them as being a notorious problem..

oxygen sensor could be the main issue. replace it with a DIRECT FIT NGK sensor and you will be happy.

tommykhun

I <3 my integra
i got a fuel filter change with the tune up.. the gas is coming from the fuel pump/ injectors. when i mean about stuck is when im driving in either 1st - 4th gear the engine gets muffled and wont accelerate only when i gas it but that still takes a while for it to go or switch gears.

tommykhun

I <3 my integra
idk i dont think its the fuel pump cause i dont have a hard time starting my car feels normal.. but i do smell gas coming from either heater or when i open my hood. ill check to see if o2 sensor is bad if it is whats the symptoms for a bad o2 sensor?

tommykhun

I <3 my integra
yeah i replace my cat, ill be doing a fuel pressure test at a local shop so ill keep it updated..

95lsct

soo the local shop test drive it and replace my fuel pump. everything is gooood now! :)
so the shop changed your pump and you dont smell fuel any more thats funny/ weird i thought the pump was in the tank and that wouldnt cause a fuel smell in your engine bay and in thwe heating system idk sounds funny to me

phatintegra

Banned
so the shop changed your pump and you dont smell fuel any more thats funny/ weird i thought the pump was in the tank and that wouldnt cause a fuel smell in your engine bay and in thwe heating system idk sounds funny to me
The pump goes in the tank under the rear seat. I'm trying to figure that one out to, about the fuel smell in the engine bay unless he flooded the motor but then agian don't make sense to me either.