Fuel system swap

kfed

I was wondering. I have a 1990 integra ls 5spd manual. The 90 was the only year in the 2nd gen to have the 130 horsepower and the rest has the same engine but higher horse power. If i were to swap the fuel pump, the injectors, and maybe the railing, would that get me an increase of horsepower to that of the after 1990 engines? and what is usually done when bigger fuel pumps and injectors are installed?

mirrorimg

the extra 10 horsepower comes from the cams that are in the b18b1 head
No second gen came with a B18B1.

So youre stating that the earliest year in the second gen series had the highest rated horsepower? Something is amiss there. Where are you getting these numbers?

Also, you will not gain any horsepower by swapping fuel components. If you want horsepower, increase the airflow of the motor with Intake, Header, Exhaust. This will free up lost power from the restrictive system. Next do an LS/VTEC. That will net you quit a bit more power.

Jabes

No second gen came with a B18B1.

So youre stating that the earliest year in the second gen series had the highest rated horsepower? Something is amiss there. Where are you getting these numbers?

Also, you will not gain any horsepower by swapping fuel components. If you want horsepower, increase the airflow of the motor with Intake, Header, Exhaust. This will free up lost power from the restrictive system. Next do an LS/VTEC. That will net you quit a bit more power.
i typed that up too quick i think it was the 3rd gens that were the first ones to have the b18b1 and if Im correct the b1 cams will swap into a a1 head without any problems if he knows what hes doing in there

kfed

Thanks for the replies. I was asking this because usually intakes, headers, and exhausts may give all together a total of 10 to 20 hp gain for a lot more than a total of $500. Were as a degreeing-in kit cost $90 and cams may be $100 max at a junk yard. I found a b18b1 engine at the yard with its cam assembly intact.
I read more into it and the b1 and a1 does have same compression ratio, bore, and stroke. the b1 has 142 hp when new, and the a1 90 integra had 130 hp. Of course redline, max rpm, max hp rpm, and max torque rpm changes when cams changes. Do i need to swap the throttle body if I swap cams or are they both the same size throttle body?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Don't forget that the 92 is also OBD1, which would give you different injectors.

You will not have to change the throttle body, but wouldn't hurt to change the timing belt.

The 91 also had 130hp.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

The ECU mappings are more of a contributor than the Cam changes. Only one of the B18B1 cams is different than the B18A1, I think its the Intake cam, but may be wrong.