G2 thermostat replacement

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
drain coolant. remove two thermostat housing bolts. use a flat head screwdriver and pry out the old thermostat, replace with new one. fill back up with coolant..... total time, 5 minutes (after coolant is drained)

rainstateracer

I have done this and it was a pain in the ass...after you drain your coolant...I found it was easier to remove the intake tube so I could see and work easy in that area. Remove the two housing bolts and take a flat head screw driver and remove the housing. Pull out the old thermostat and make sure you know which end goes toward the engine, I have seen some people put them in backwards. Also make sure you get the thermostat that has the rubber gasket. put back together working backwards from how you pulled it apart. fill your radiator with coolant and you may or may not have to bleed the hoses. The bleeder valve is located more towards your radiator and has a radiator hose going to it. You will see a bolt with a nipple on it. Stand to the side of your car, make sure the car is running and open that valve. You don't have to open it too much....after you have opened it and air has been release and all that is coming out is straight coolant, close valve and refill your radiator. That should do it.