good ride quality?

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
hello guys. So I want to drop my car 1.5" on 15" drag dr-21, silver with polished lip(I know they are knock off's and I dont care) on 50 series tires. Has for lowering spring. I cant decide between skunk2 and control controls. I want to be able to adjust them. I know some lowering springs come with just the spring, I want the adjuster sleeve deals. So yeah how will this setup ride??

JGvtec

If your going to get a set up get a full coilover setup. Save you more time and money if you buy together then separate by mixing and matching brands.

jznsn2u

I take it you're talking about skunk 2 and ground control?

I don't think skunk 2 sells ride height adjustable springs? I'm not sure, I could be wrong. Ground control is a good brand, you can slam your car with them and would be good enough to use with aftermarket struts on the track.

You should upgrade your struts as well, it will give you better ride quality and will last longer. OEM struts aren't made for a lower ride height.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
If your going to get a set up get a full coilover setup. Save you more time and money if you buy together then separate by mixing and matching brands.
Im talking about just springs.

jznsn2u

Im talking about just springs.
I would recommend full coilover suspension but everyone has a different case. That's why I tried to stay on topic. I also wanted to ask, what sort of ride quality are you looking for? Comfort or will you be taking your car to the track? There are different spring rates, 8-6/10-8/12-10/14-12. Depending on what spring rate you choose, the more stiff or soft your ride will be reguardless of the struts.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
I take it you're talking about skunk 2 and ground control?

I don't think skunk 2 sells ride height adjustable springs? I'm not sure, I could be wrong. Ground control is a good brand, you can slam your car with them and would be good enough to use with aftermarket struts on the track.

You should upgrade your struts as well, it will give you better ride quality and will last longer. OEM struts aren't made for a lower ride height.
I was looking on ground controls website and you get a choice of struts when you buy thier sleeves. I was thinking about getting the koni yellows with the ground control sleeves. Is it worth the $399? and if I get that Ill probably do a 2" drop still with 15" wheels and 50 series tires. good setup?

jznsn2u

I was looking on ground controls website and you get a choice of struts when you buy thier sleeves. I was thinking about getting the koni yellows with the ground control sleeves. Is it worth the $399? and if I get that Ill probably do a 2" drop still with 15" wheels and 50 series tires. good setup?
It's worth it. That's actually a really good price. I would do it. You'd be set.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
I would recommend full coilover suspension but everyone has a different case. That's why I tried to stay on topic. I also wanted to ask, what sort of ride quality are you looking for? Comfort or will you be taking your car to the track? There are different spring rates, 8-6/10-8/12-10/14-12. Depending on what spring rate you choose, the more stiff or soft your ride will be reguardless of the struts.
Its a DD. So im wanting to have as close to stock as possible. Im sure im going to have to settle for less then stock quilty.

jznsn2u

Its a DD. So im wanting to have as close to stock as possible. Im sure im going to have to settle for less then stock quilty.
Go with 8k in the front and 6k in the rear. It's not killer on the DD and would be practical for semi spirited driving which is the point of upgrading suspension. You'll like it.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Go with 8k in the front and 6k in the rear. It's not killer on the DD and would be practical for semi spirited driving which is the point of upgrading suspension. You'll like it.
what do you mean by 8k and 6k? Im just now getting into aftermarket suspension so ill probably have a few stupid questions.

jznsn2u

what do you mean by 8k and 6k? Im just now getting into aftermarket suspension so ill probably have a few stupid questions.
No worries. Like I said, every spring has specific spring rates. The lower the spring rate, the less stiff it will be. The higher the spring rate the more stiff the car will ride. 8k spring rates in the front, 6k in the rear would be good for your intended use. Sometimes spring rates are described in pounds not "#k". Also if you want too, 6k front, 4k rear - more softer. (That's probably the closest to stock)

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
No worries. Like I said, every spring has specific spring rates. The lower the spring rate, the less stiff it will be. The higher the spring rate the more stiff the car will ride. 8k spring rates in the front, 6k in the rear would be good for your intended use. Sometimes spring rates are described in pounds not "#k". Also if you want too, 6k front, 4k rear - more softer. (That's probably the closest to stock)
Thanks man! I appricate it. So would the 8k, 6k ride good while adding handling performance? and for strut tower bars I noticed the cheapest ones are made out of aluminum alloy. Those I need to stay away from? my guess is the aluminum would be the best?