GSR head on B18B, what ECU do I need?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I will soon be putting a C1 or C5 head on my stock b18 block. The head will be ported and polished, bc turbo cams, retainers, springs, and valves.

My question is, what ECU will I need to get, or if I can keep mine, what do i need to do it to maximize performance and have it run correctly. I have a stock OBD0 ecu right now but I have a p06 that is supposedly chipped in my garage. The ecu is still one of the only things about my car I am not really knowledgable about... Fill me in guys!! Thanks

DumaDa9

you'd need to convert to obd1 so the stock ecu isnt going to work. I would suggest getting on programmed and chipped specifically for your set up, you can contact phearable.net and see what they can do for you

heritage36

Just get hondata and let someone tune it once you have the right ECU. That is the only stuff other than body work I don't do to my own cars, and I think its worth paying someone who knows what they are doing

00GSRfullbuild

Just get hondata and let someone tune it once you have the right ECU. That is the only stuff other than body work I don't do to my own cars, and I think its worth paying someone who knows what they are doing
BC? Brian Crowler or Buddy Club? Brain is junk man, they are the cheapest around for a reason... My 2 cents.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
^^^^ i'm curious to know this as well. I've heard they are one of the best for the price.

DagoAcura92

I've read that Crower Cams tend to break. That was after Brian Crower sold his company. Afterwards Brian Crower Created another company with better quality control.