Head bolts can I re-use them?

Honda allows for head bolts to be reused once as long as they still meet specs(i.e. have not stretched beyond spec). Also the torquing procedure will be slightly different if you reuse rather than get new headbolts. A repair manual will have the factory specs for this particular issue. I don't know the specs off the top of my head.

slowDB7

id get some new head bolts just to be safe, but yes you can reuse the ones you have as long as they aren't stretched out of spec

Slow_Teggy

Yes you can per-say, but I would not recommend it, rather pay $120 for some headstuds than have a lifted head.

95B18BTurbo

No to argue with Muckman because he knows his shit, but there is no way in hell I would reuse OEM headbolts. Spend the $100-120 on ARP headstuds and do it right the first time.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The service manual does not call for replacement of the head bolts.
This is correct. I've re-used head bolts on multiple B18's when doing quick head gasket repairs for friends in the past. I just put my current motor back together with stock head bolts as well - and it got a mild top end build that will be seeing some track duty. I feel confident reusing them. That being said, if you want to do it 'properly', you can measure for stretch. But OEM head bolts are not torque-to-yield, like say a small block Chevy, so you can in fact reuse them once or twice without issue. If you want to be safe, get some ARP head studs. That's what I'll be doing next time I take the head off of my engine.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The service manual does not call for replacement of the head bolts.
I remember bringing this up in the past and getting hammered, funny how people's opinions change daily on here. Again though, I've reused bolts over and over without any problems.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It comes down to the application. Obviously if you are building a motor that will see higher then stock cylinder pressures or will be removing the head often then get studs. If its just a stock motor then reuse. It'll be fine.