help bypass kill switch

flynn

OK so I have an integra I picked up as a project. It had an alarm on it with a starter kill somehow it got screwed up like its not hooked up or not grounded or so on. So therefore my car wont start. I need a way to bypass it. I'm not trying to steal cars and I don't expect any body to post the answer on here, but if someone could pm me the answer that would be amazing. Any info will help. Thanks.

enoch723

Need a little more info because a killswitch isnt going to be grounded unless they do it wrong.

1. Were you ever able to start it?

2. how is it hooked up? (fuel pump, main relay, starter fuse,etc)?

3. Do you know where the kill switch is? ( dont have to say where it is)

flynn

I had it starting fine I actually had it in the air to adjust clutch Cuz I had to run the cable because the car was an automatic. I set the car down on the ground and went to start it and nothing all I can hear is a relay kicking. Its a 12v relay under the dash next to the radio. The car still had the factory alarm hooked up but I removed it after it wouldn't start. There was an aftermarket alarm but it was never hooked up.
I assume its tied into the ignition bit I have no idea where the kill switch itself is.

enoch723

You dont know where the kill switch is? How do you even know there is a killswitch then? and you need to get a hold of the previous owner to find out if there even is one.

If it doesnt have one, then chances are either your fuel pump relay is bad or the actual fuel pump is out.

Anyone smart is going to hook their kill switch to the fuel pump. One of three ways, either relay, in line fuse, or the actual power wire itself. find where its hooked in at then you can follow it to the switch. You say you think its through the ignition somewhere, if there smart they would either do the power or the "ignite" wire. (anyway through the ignition if dumb) take off the plastic casing and follow the wires as far as you can, because at a certain point they cant cut into them.

some troubleshooting you can try

1. Open the gas door and take the gas cap off and have a friend listen while you start it. If you hear a click out of the gas tank, the pump is fine.
do the same for the relay. And just cause it clicks doesnt mean it works. But if it doesnt click, start there. If it does, get it tested at oreillys or autozone, they should charge you

2. Look under the hood at the relays and see if the the fuel pump relay has any wires coming off of it that look different from the rest. If it does, follow it to the kill switch.

3.Once you find the switch, leave it if you want(I would) or just unhook the wires from it and connect them to each other. They wont run the power and ground through one switch.

4. A word of advice for next time you buy a car. If it has a car alarm that works, leave it alone or have someone that knows exactly what they are doing to remove it. If it has a kill switch, make sure its done right before you buy. Learned both of those the hard way

Last edited:

flynn

Thanks for the help, but I know my fuel pump is good. I can hear it prime when i turn my key. The previous owner is an idiot they don't know up from down when it comes to cars. I know its has something to do with the car alarm I'm just going to trace all the wires. Ill post when I figure it out.

gugiey

Thanks for the help, but I know my fuel pump is good. I can hear it prime when i turn my key. The previous owner is an idiot they don't know up from down when it comes to cars. I know its has something to do with the car alarm I'm just going to trace all the wires. Ill post when I figure it out.
I'm gonna say its the alarms starter kill switch
I would figure out what alarm it has and then search for the manual for that alarm . It will show you how it's wired or how it at least works and how to turn it off .

flynn

I'm almost positive that's what it is man. BC it was an all the sudden thing when it went out. I know my main relay, grounds etc and all that are good and the starter is good and its getting power to it. I wanna say that some how that switch is wired to the signal wire for the starter. Thanks for the insights.

flynn

OK so after further digging I found the relay that's clicking its marked denso 056700-9410. Its a 12v relay attached to the radio the relay would be next to your right knee. I've Googled it and can't really find a good answer. I'm considering just running a hot wire to the starter solenoid. Idk any ideas thanks for being patient with the posts.

flynn

And also if this helps any I tried to jump the starter and still get nothing. I know the starter is God I just had it tested plus its practically brand new

enoch723

Yeah, they dont know what the hell their doing when they were messing with the wiring. Check to see if the fuel pump relay is under the hood. They might have moved it under the dash and it could easily be out. Relays can still make a click noise when they dont work, so get it checked just to be sure.

My advise, once you get the problem fixed, sell the car.

flynn

Well I can hear the fuel pump prime, would that make the car not crank? I had it running fine and now nothing can't get it to do anything at all. I can't jump the starter either. I still think its something to do with the alarm. I'm getting 12v to the starter all my grounds are good. There's no need for a neutral saftey switch it was an automatic car. I'm pretty much out of ideas.