HELP??? Car didn't do this earier

Bagg24

I run a check engine light now more then often but now the car doesnt want to stay running sounds like a rocker arm or valve ticking and the car just shuts down and wont idle, and if i give it gas the car will run and sounds like it is carburated or running off of alcohol or somthing like a race car and smokes like a train, it runs and he head gaskest is Not blown im running enginge codes 5,6, and 7 which im aware of the MAP, TPS and CTS but could they cause this problem????? PLEASE HELP!!!! I have the Pr3 0BD0 i believe 89 sir or type R b16 head on b18a block with what i think the b18b intake,,, It is bogging out and just making a bloop sound, and when i hit the throttle it will do a nigger bloopsound at a higher rpm to where it sounds like a race car , but somtimes it will run fine. and it just started doing this tonight when i went to run it, i had it at 7k rpm then it took a crap and it will tach out at 8k plus!! please HELP!!!

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
First off.. i'm not really sure what you said.
Second off, fix your known engine codes.. then come back..

Bagg24

like i said im throwing those codes but it not the tps cor cts and im wondering if the map sensor would cause the car to bogg out and not want to idle like it does, i can start it and it will just die and not idle but if i give it gas it runs rich, i have a new tps and cts in it and reset the ecu and when i run a check engine those 2 codes always pop up with a new one

Last edited:

JDMprojects

U cnt run a pr3 on a vtec head u need to get a new ecu with vtec in it

gugiey

fix you map . manifold absolute pressure
check you vaccum at idle . and then under load
compression test .
make sure you have good spark . if you have smoke this will be because off running
rich and not burning all your hydrocarbons .if your valves are carbined up your probly running high NOx

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Bagg did you already replace those? I imagine any of those could cause issues.

Bagg24

i replaced all of it and, it if i hold it at 2k rpm it still acts like its running rich and then it will smooth out for a minute and run right but then it kicks the engine light when it smoothes out, im almost thinking bent or stuck valve or maybe an injector is stuck open?? it was running fine then i down shifted to get around a car and thats when everything went to hell!!