help help i need to know if i bent valves

jarvalarv

my timing belt slipped enough to were my car will not start it turns over but wont start the timiing belt didnt snap it just slipped teeth i need to know if the valves are bent or what the likelihood is that i bent valves the motor sounds stong and i cant hear and clicking sounds when trying to start car but i was told by a shop that looked at the car that its 95 percent sure the timing belt slipped and my timing is off i need to know if i am going to need a new head or what exaclty to do

1990 acura integra ls b18 155000 miles on it

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Don't make multiples of the same thread. Have some patience and you'll get an answer.

You very well might have, if you're not having issues, don't worry about it, if it matters that much to you, go in and take a look. I say just get it retimed and see how it runs

jarvalarv

sorry i just figured that one didnt have enough info on it but thanks so should ii just replace the belt and see what happens even if the valves are bent will it still run but run like shit?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Retime it and do a compression test. That will be the best indicator if you have bent valves. I ran for some time with 3 bent valves. It idled and ran fine, but I had low compression in a couple cylinders.

Last edited:

Winki

Undercover mod
Do a leak down test. if you have bent valves you can probably get them replaced at a decent price.

Jeffbel

I've got a b20 non-vtec head chillin in my garage if you need it. I'll sell it cheap with cover an intake mani

jarvalarv

hey def if i need the head id be very interested
but so is it a good idea to have the shop by me replace all my belts all my seals and new water pump for 550? all oem honda parts at a honda specialty shop its the cheapest ive found