Help, JUNK IN MY TRUNK!!!

Jackcell

I have like $1000 of subs and speakers and amps in my car. And i stupidly spent all that money then didnt have enough to get a set of power locks or get an alarm. For now, cause i am saving the money, i want to make it so that a key cannot unlock my trunk. I also want to move the trunk release switch so that i can hide it if someone breaks into the car itself. I need all the help i can get. Please dont respond with telling me to get an alarm. I want to know how to do this.

sylvaner01

I have like $1000 of subs and speakers and amps in my car. And i stupidly spent all that money then didnt have enough to get a set of power locks or get an alarm. For now, cause i am saving the money, i want to make it so that a key cannot unlock my trunk. I also want to move the trunk release switch so that i can hide it if someone breaks into the car itself. I need all the help i can get. Please dont respond with telling me to get an alarm. I want to know how to do this.
I would just make sure nobody could see it.. perhaps keep it down until you do get some proper security! Otherwise I would just take the whole thing out, this avoids the worry of parking your car in dodgy locations!

red.line

If someone got into your car, they could just fold the seats down..
Do as advised and take your system out until you have an alarm. It won't take long to disconnect a few wires.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
disconnect the trunk release cable from the pull handle and unscrew the pull knobs that lets you drop the seat.
you could tuck the cable under the carpet. just tuck it real good.

DagoAcura92

Sell / return the amp for ur door speakers, get the alarm and hook the speakers up 2 the deck for the mean while. Then save up for a new amp. Install the rest of the system with wires pre-ran for the missing amp. Keep it down around ur neighborhood and keep an eye in ur rearview for cars followinng u.

8-bit

do what now?
i^^ bet you wear that at least once a week^^

emd513

just dont park it where you think it could get taken. all my friends have systems that spent that in just the amp and they have had them for a few years with out alarms, i did at one time to. very unlikely to have that much taken if its secured

DumaDa9

just dont park it where you think it could get taken. all my friends have systems that spent that in just the amp and they have had them for a few years with out alarms, i did at one time to. very unlikely to have that much taken if its secured
why would you have a system worth more than 1k and not even bother to install an alarm...Never thought of people just straight up jacking the whole car?

to the op: just take it out until you can afford an alarm.

Prozon

Kris
Do as advised and take your system out until you have an alarm. It won't take long to disconnect a few wires.
Yeah but what's it take to disable an alarm.. it won't take long to rip a few wires off the alarm.
Or even pop the hood, rip the battery cables off lol.

Maybe install an alarm.. with a secondary HIDDEN battery.. yes... yes that's it.. Wmahahahahah.

But yeah, if your really worried about someone taking your sound system.. conceal it or remove it. If someone wanted it bad enough they can get around the alarm, or just take the whole car.

DagoAcura92

Prozon
Yeah but what's it take to disable an alarm.. it won't take long to rip a few wires off the alarm.
Or even pop the hood, rip the battery cables off lol.

Maybe install an alarm.. with a secondary HIDDEN battery.. yes... yes that's it.. Wmahahahahah.

Alarm with a back-up battery siren is the best option. Even if u disconnect the battery, the siren starts wailling, yank it out and toss it down the street and it still makes sounds.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Well that's kind of what I was getting at lol. I'm sure I could make it stop wailing pretty fast. ;)

I don't know, I just feel like people ignore alarms these days. Maybe ten years people would be concerned but not much anymore. Hell, my mud truck sets alarms off and no one even looks lol.