Help

OmarBeThug

My 91' Integra RS (manual transmission) is my first car and I was wondering how I can modify my car without making it too loud and obnoxious. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hard on the exterior. All I want is a simple paint job, and maybe have it lowered and a little cambered. Fog lights would be nice too. Any one know of any good sites where I can purchase performance parts?

Last edited:

OmarBeThug

It does have fog lights, but I mean the ones that go under the regular lights. I think they're called fog lights but i can't be too sure.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
shop around... seeing as you are in CA you can get an AEM intake, and DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic street header... they are smog leagal parts and have an EO number decal so you won't get flagged.

shop around check craigslist... they are pricey if you buy em new, not so much second hand. both those will give you a markable performance increase. My teg got a little quieter with the DC header also...

also go check out G2IC.com.... lots of stuff always being traded and sold there by other 2nd Generation owners.

Last edited:

OmarBeThug

I heard Megan Racing has good headers? And that the Magnaflow Catalytic converter is good too

STARSCREAM

passwordjdm.com has a few DA items, theyre good stuff too so be prepared to spend money for good parts.

as far as your header goes DC sports is a upgrade to a higher preformance part, although you won't feel much of a horsepower gain or anything,

Megan doesn't have the same quality as a DC company would have.

all I would say is to do reserach and read read read.

djzachtyler

Megan Racing header is not CARB Legal.. meaning in California a smog tech will fail your car on site.

DC SPorts header is more expensive as it has been tested and passed CARB regulation.

I disagree with Starscrem on not feeling the HP gain... after installing the DC header and AEM CAI.. my low end through midrange HP & Torque gains were night and day difference.. Mt teg no longer feels like a gutless wonder at lower RPM. That is just my experience tho...

The only other CARB Legal header is made by Pacesetter and runs about 100 bucks cheaper. SOme guys like em cause they are cheaper.. I wouldn't be able to speak about performance gains or anyting. Personally DC Sports is a very good & Reputable company & they back their products well, There header and strut bars are tops.. I use both those products and am very happy.

Anyways Back to the point regarding a header.. You have limited options unless you want to find a smog guy who can "hook it up" as far as passing with a cheaper illegal header, but long term you will end up spending more on illegal smogs than you would if you just went with an CARB approved header.

OmarBeThug

You know what, sir? I will get the DC Headers just because of the reputation the carry. I have not heard of anyone say anything bad, so imma get the ceramic ones. Im also gunna get strut bars forsure.
So after the intake, the strut bar, the headers, a magnaflow cat, and an exhaust, what else should i get?

djzachtyler

make sure you get an OEM cat... Magnaflow makes one, but the most important thing to building your 2nd gen CA correct is to make sure you are using all CARB legal parts on the intake and exhaust. look for parts saying they are CARB pending or exempt or say "50 State Legal". With your exhaust be sure you don't get an exhaust that is not track rated... street legal exhaust should be under 93Decibels... otherwise you could get pulled over and cited.

Tanabe makes a great exhaust system for the DA that is very nice if you like the OEM style look.. Some people seem to like the cheaper ebay exhaust kits. Alot of what you do is depending on your budget & `how much pride you take in a build...

Drawback to modding the heck out of our cars especially in CA is the high rate of theft.. Our DA's are relatively easy to break into. hence why a clutch lock, CLub, quick release steering wheel, kill switch, working alarm are all good investments to factor in while doing your build.

you won't be disappointed in that DC header. the one you will want is the 4-2-1 Ceramic street header part number AHC-6003

Having an RS you aren't limited to the strut bars you use up front as that model doesn't have ABS in the damn way like my GS does LOL, so you can go ebay cheapies or bling out with a cusco, neuspeed, skunk 2, RSR, Password JDM or any of them you can find... Strut bars will not have a noticeable effect for daily street driving, but are helpful if you live by the mountains, or plan on tracking your ride later on. you may want to look at aftermarket suspension too. again the sky is the limit there and there are a ton of available shock spring combos... too many to list.

You basically have one of the most highly modifyable cars in history being an integra owner... the sky is the limit, look around, google your brains out for anything 90-93 integra related... I could write an entire website and not cover everything there is out there for our cars. :)

Last edited:

OmarBeThug

Man imma just save everything you just said into a word document and print it!
Imma buy a clutch lock right now on ebay i never knew about those
The last thing i want is for my first car getting stolen with so many dreams for it

djzachtyler

there's a few tips n tricks to making your teg harder to steal beside the obvious I posted above... PM for more insight on how to secure your ride... best not to put secrets on blast in a public forum ;)

Last edited: