Help!!!

cdeleon

I have a problem with my baby. When I start her up she accelerates then shuts off idk what it could be.anyone have a clue of what it could be. I would greatly appreciate it.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
If an engine accelerates at idle there is a vacuum leak, could be iacv related or the throttle body or Intake manifold. Or just some rotted vacuum lines.

Take a Cig or cigar and blow the smoke Into your intake mani or vacuum line if there's a leak that's where u will see the smoke exit from.

cdeleon

If an engine accelerates at idle there is a vacuum leak, could be iacv related or the throttle body or Intake manifold. Or just some rotted vacuum lines.

Take a Cig or cigar and blow the smoke Into your intake mani or vacuum line if there's a leak that's where u will see the smoke exit from.
Thanks i'll check in the morning. Hopefully it is a leak and nothing to serious I'll let you know the out come.

Nick_C78

Vacuum leaks suck in, not blow out. So no smoke would be exiting through the leak.... also, just take carb cleaner and spray it on vacuum lines and such, much better for your health than lighting one up.