How Do i enter the radio CODE????

jmorris30

I put in a new battery, my car won't work still and I know I have to reset the radio code. I know the code number but i have no idea what anybody means when they say just ënter" it in. I know its supposed to be the preset buttons to radio stations but how does changing the radio stations "41214" reset it?? Am i supposed to hold them down, or something else?? I need help- thanks so much for your input if you know!!!
-jen

jznsn2u

I put in a new battery, my car won't work still and I know I have to reset the radio code. I know the code number but i have no idea what anybody means when they say just ënter" it in. I know its supposed to be the preset buttons to radio stations but how does changing the radio stations "41214" reset it?? Am i supposed to hold them down, or something else?? I need help- thanks so much for your input if you know!!!
-jen
Just press the code into the radio, you dont have to have hold the buttons down for a specific amount of time. I have oem radios on all my cars x]. If anything, restart and try again.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
Just press the code into the radio, you dont have to have hold the buttons down for a specific amount of time. I have oem radios on all my cars x]. If anything, restart and try again.
x2. the screen will read "code" enter the code in and once you've entered it in, the radio will come on. i believe you get a few tries before your cd player gets locked out but its only for a duration of time. you could just undo your positive battery terminal and aviod that though.

I used to have this problem because my negative terminal lead was kinda loose and every now and then it would reset my battery because it would get loose enough to lose connection to the battery... just annoying really, till I replaced them both. Just like they said... Press the code into the radio using the numbers for your preset stations and once the code is entered it will beep loud as hell at you, but this is a good thing because you have put the right code in if it does. If it locks on you... unplug the battery and try try again. And for a tip for the future if you seem to forget alot of things as i do from time to time... write the code in your tegs manual and put it back in your dash.