How do you add a bypass valve to an intake?

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
cut the intake insert by pass...done or if its a two piece slip it in the middle... but theres no need for one really i never hydrolocked my old accord with my CAI

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
just get a SRI they sound awesome and no worrys on ebay for like 20 dollars

JDMB18civic

i've got one of those... i cut my cold air in half and made it into a short ram, i want the cold air back for the summer tho

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
JDMB18civic said:
i've got one of those... i cut my cold air in half and made it into a short ram, i want the cold air back for the summer tho
kool man sounds like a plan and since ur already cut just put the bypass where the cut is and you should be good

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
teggyls said:
cut the intake insert by pass...done or if its a two piece slip it in the middle... but theres no need for one really i never hydrolocked my old accord with my CAI
For the love of god do it man, Thats the whole damn reason my B17 is fucked right now cause of a deep puddle and my retarted aem cai.

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
I don't think a foam plastic thing you put inbetween your hacked off intake is going to help much though?

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
lol whoops, if you guys were a little more active, 2 year old threads wouldn't be on the top. lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I don't think a foam plastic thing you put inbetween your hacked off intake is going to help much though?
I think this proves that it is a quite effective part. AEM's Chief Engineer John Concialdi let SCC magazine dyno his NSX with the filter completey submerged in a fish tank of water.

Article