How to fix my suspension if it is too low?

SkateLifeAnt

Recently I got my first car. I bought it off a body shop and it came dropped. I don't know exactly how much of a drop but when I drive it easily scrapes. It hurts my soul hearing my car scrape so I just wanted to know if I go to any regular mechanic or body shop so they can adjust the drop and lift up the front a little. (The front is what scrapes). Idk if this will help but I have Skunk 2 Coilovers that can be adjusted. Also How can I measure how much my car was dropped so I can see how much I want to lift it. It looks beautiful the way it's dropped right now so if it's dropped like 2.5 inches I would want them to lift it up half an inch. And how much would you think this little procedure cost?

P.S- sorry for all the questions I'm new at this

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Welcome and congrats on ur 1st car

Pics of drop would help. Coilovers have a key to twist to 2 nuts that adjust the height. I am on my iPhone and don't have a pic of the key.

dlo253

Yeah, that should be something you can do on your own. just jack it up and adjust. they usually have numbered markings so its easy to match up. Be sure to compensate for driver weight so it sits level with you in the driver seat. There has got to be a detailed diy around somewhere if you happen to need more help. Do you have the spanner wrench for adjustment? comes with most coils/sleeves.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Do you have the spanner wrench for adjustment? comes with most coils/sleeves.
That's the tool key I was talking about.

The bad thing, the previous owner loses it or doesn't give it to the new owner. Or they have a shop install it and they usually keep it or forget to give it to the owner.

itzrivera

theres no such thing as too low. /thread

but if you must, I'm sure you can buy the tool straight from skunks2. If not, borrow a spring compressor from advance auto and then twist the collars to adjust the height.

imchongx3

I'd just ask around to borrow the tool. That's what I did hahah. On the way to and from work id see people in slammed tuners. Took me 3 weeks to find someone on skunk2s then asked if I could swing by and adjust my coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk