How to install AEM SRI (super easy)

sonicvybe

new driver
How to install AEM SRI (super easy)

I did this a while back. It was my first modification to the car. Knowing nearly nothing you can almost figure this out - however I still made a write up on for the absolute beginner. This is usually the first mod that people do because it’s one of the easiest.

Simply put, an air intake (short ram/cold air) will allow your car to breath better. The following install was a short ram intake for a 1998 Honda Integra SiR-G > replacing the stock intake. All you need to do is remove the original intake and secure the new one in place. The pictures below should tell you enough.

Prep work

1. Take off the front strut bar so you have room to work. It should be 2 screws on each side holding down the black bar that goes across your engine bay. This bar is for chassis stability and I think it's on GSR + Type R. Dunno if other models have it.

2. Disconnect the battery terminal? Optional - I leave the battery alone all together. I’m more likely to get shocked while disconnecting it. hahah

3. Screw driver. Wrachet + Sockets. Plyers to yank the tubing off.

4. Let the car cool for 30 minutes at least if you drove it recently. Don’t work while the engine bay is hot.

Instructions

1. Take off the stock intake cover box.

2. Slide out the old stock intake. Mine was fairly new still, so I kept it.

3. Remove the bottom half of the intake box cover. This is to make room for the new intake which doesn’t quite fit in the box.

4. Loosen the straps that hold the old intake tube onto the rest of engine. It might be a little tight so flex those muscles. Also yank out the breather nipple thingy where the small tube is connected.

5. The old intake tube comes right out!

6. Slide on the PVC looking mario brothers pipe thing and both metal straps loosely to the new intake.

7. Put it back on just like how you took off the old intake. Don’t tighten up the straps yet.

8. Unclamp the other side of the small tube that you disconnected in step 4. Use a plyers and yank it off by turning it a bit from left to right. It was stubborn to slide it off.

9. Put on the new supplied tubing with 2 clamps supplied.

10. Slide the clamps into place. Do not tighten them yet.

11. Wiggle the intake into place so it rests on the bump stop as follows.

12. Slide on the new filter and the last big metal strap that was supplied.

13. Once everything is in place. TIGHTEN UP ALL YOUR STRAPS. IF YOU DO NOT TIGHTEN THEM THERE IS A CHANCE IT WILL COME LOOSE…and you can imagine the rest…lol.

Notes

Remember if you are going to hose down the engine bay, do not get the intake soaking wet and then go driving. If you do get it wet, at least let it dry a bit before you head off. Also I suggest you keep the OEM air filter + box cover in case you need to revert back. lol.

If this is inaccurate let me know,....'m still new and hardly know what I'm talking about (not a bad time to mention it eh? after reaching step 13..hahhaha:lol:) :D

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
"PVC looking mario brothers pipe thing" aka coupler

sonicvybe

new driver
these are always what i was wondering about to get rid of what was on there...thanks
The kit I had actually had 1 leftover hose + 2 clamps. I am guessing it can be used to replace the hose that's connected to that pipe - thus eliminating the metal piece. But I didn't know what was in it so I didn't wanna pull it off.

We are referring to the metal pipe (the words are right on top of it, right?)

I had just left that piece hanging in there. I would like to remove it though. Anyone know what the other tube is for?

Sammich

i didn't have any clamps, but i'm planning on plugging the whole in the intake, putting on a VC breather and using the hose from wherever the metal/hose comes from to where it leads to<---if that makes any sense

Sammich

to me just eliminates one unnecessary hose to clean up the bay a little bit more..other than that i'm not sure