I have a 91 tegRS OBD0, getting a OBD2 motor trans and ecu from 00 LS, what do I need

91whitetegg

I have a 91 tegRS OBD0 getting a OBD2 motor trans and ecu from 00 LS what do i need to complete swap. i also have the headers from my 91 b18a1 will i need to change any of the exhaust system i no there both b18s but i wastnt sure if the 00 motor is bigger. thanks

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
everything exhaust wise will bolt up like the original b18a so no need for bigger exhaust, the mounting on the 94+ integra's is different anyways.

if your b18a1 trans is still good I'd say leave it in, but if you want to get the hydro tranny in you're gonna need a hydro mount and hydro conversion kit in order to run everything properly. You're also gonna need an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness, Idk if they make obd0 to obd2, obd2 distributor,you can get away with not converting over and just slappin the b18b, thats the set up in my car and everything works like it should. some of the wiring is different for the temp sensors I think,(can't remember off hand) but a quick search will help you with that.

DAs_an_DCs

uh you have plenty of options, jus use your current harness and dizzy and run the engine with OBD0 its ur cheapest option. U can use your same ECU as well. The one problem is the tranny, the new is hydro not cable. so either you get a hydro conversion kit or just reuse you current tranny, it will bolt right up to the newer motor.

Good luck man, make sure to get a honda service manual (avaliable for free from hondahookup) and follow the correct engine removal/install procedure :)

91whitetegg

so whats is the hydro conversion kit is it just more motor mounts for the tranny. i was looking on ebay for for obd jumpers i was wondering do i need a distributor adaptor ECU harness to or just the obd0 to obd1 jumper

Last edited: