i have lots of questions!

ssna001

b18c
hey i'm pretty new to this whole thing. i bought a 93 civic hatch with what i was told was a gs-r motor. then my cousin who has an integra gs-r told me that we had the same motor. so he put on one of his extra b18c1gs-r computer boxes into my ride and it started bogging. he said that a sensor probably isnt connected or something like that. i'm still trying to learn about cars so idk if what he's telling me is legit or not. are there any other reasons it would react the way it did to his box? last night i found out that his motor is a b18c1. mine is a b18c, i know mine is jdm and his is usdm. oh and the comp box that came with my car doesn't have a serial number or anything indicating what type of box it is so that's why he put in the gsr box.

Last edited:

michaelz

the JDM motor does not have a lot of the sensors the USDM motors have. also the B18C1 (GSR motor) is very different to a JDM B18C (Type R motor) no surprise it doesn't run right if you plug in a GSR ECU.

Joshmmc

Was there anything wrong with the way the old ECU worked? May as well stick with it if not. Are you worried about it being stolen or something?