I need exhaust tips! (help, that is)

one_stitch

I have a 93 integra and when I bought it the exhaust was done right. No cat, 2.25 inch pipe from down pipe all the way back but it has a generic ebay buzzer type muffler on it. It sounds horrible....its loud as all hell. I can't even hear the motor or killer intake I put on it. On the highway I can't even hear myself think. I need to know if anybody knows of a muffler that's throaty and high flow. Sounds good when you get on it but not loud all the time. The guy at my local muffler shop just trys to sell me his off the shelf oem crap. Ebay is no help, just more cheap ass buzzer mufflers. Anybody know of a solution? Someone told me flowmaster but then I heard its really too quiet unless its on a mustang or some other v8. Help!!

one_stitch

Well I really havnt done enough research to realize that mufflers are decible rated. I don't know if 93 dbs is loud silent or medium. Like I said I don't want a silent muffler but I don't want a constantly loud buzzer muffler. Something you can really hear when I accelerate hard but just deep and throaty sounding for normal driving with out flow restriction. But thanks for the tip, I'll check out Tanabe.

Well I really havnt done enough research to realize that mufflers are decible rated. I don't know if 93 dbs is loud silent or medium. Like I said I don't want a silent muffler but I don't want a constantly loud buzzer muffler. Something you can really hear when I accelerate hard but just deep and throaty sounding for normal driving with out flow restriction. But thanks for the tip, I'll check out Tanabe.
93 dB is not a buzzy tone. The Tanabe products usually sound pretty good on most cars.

one_stitch

Ok thanks for the tip but apparently Tanabe mufflers and exhausts must be made of gold. The ones I found are complete cat back exhausts. I just need a reasonably priced high flow good sounding muffler. The search continues!

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
Try the Apex-i N1 Muffler....i have it on my 91 Integra LS and it sounds really good...Deep Throaty when you lay on the gas and not too loud at freeway travel...or you could go Magnaflow...has a really good sound in all RPM range...had that on my 96 Civic...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I have a 93 integra and when I bought it the exhaust was done right. No cat, 2.25 inch pipe from down pipe all the way back but it has a generic ebay buzzer type muffler on it. It sounds horrible....its loud as all hell. I can't even hear the motor or killer intake I put on it. On the highway I can't even hear myself think. I need to know if anybody knows of a muffler that's throaty and high flow. Sounds good when you get on it but not loud all the time. The guy at my local muffler shop just trys to sell me his off the shelf oem crap. Ebay is no help, just more cheap ass buzzer mufflers. Anybody know of a solution? Someone told me flowmaster but then I heard its really too quiet unless its on a mustang or some other v8. Help!!
Are you planning on getting new exhaust piping or just keeping the 2.25" that you already have? One of the reasons why your current exhaust setup is loud is because you're not running a cat. If you're worried about power, I would recommend getting a high-flow cat. Vibrant Performance makes excellent high-flow cats. As for nice sounding mufflers, I would recommend the A'PEXi N1, HKS Hi-Power, or the Skunk2 Megapower.

red.line

+1 for Magnaflow..had one on my '98 Civic and it sounded great.
Was really quiet too until you stomped on it but even then it was more than tolerable.

broken_scars

JDMx just said it. if you have a cat you will get a different sound. and you can get tanabe mufflers on ebay. but ya magnaflow is amazing!!!!