I need help with exhaust system please help good people

rickyrockee

Very well I have an acura integra 1998 Ls 1.8 4 door, today I was driveing and the front pipe and cat-converter cracked, I took it to my school shop and they suggested I just replace the whole eshaust system. I don't mind I have been wanting to fix her up since I got her a year ago. I just have a problem I want to do the work with a buddy of mine, but I keep looking up exhust system packages online to order, they don't seem to.have a system that has a cat-converter it says it has a cat back, any who, does this mean I need to purchase a exhuast system, cat- converter, and front pipe? excuse my ignorance but I don't know what to buy and I want to take care of it, if someone can suggust, what package to get or parts I need, because iv been asking around, a friend said to take it to an exhuast shop and get it fixed. my price range is 600-700 dollars usa. thank you for your ear.
sincerely
ricky

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
dont know if you figured it out but if you want after market the exhaust goes (engine down and back) exhaust manifold (yours is restrictive but will work),downpipe (the bend under the car), cat (what cracked),then usually a resonator and depending on what look/sound you want these could vary drastically. your stock system is a small pipe probly. after market are bigger. I dont know a lot but I have the tip you see in my pic. its a Tech 1 complete system and is very loud. But only when up past 3000 rpms.

good hunting.

XjoEnX

Can you tell us what you mean by your front pipe? Are you talking about your exhaust manifold having a crack or the exhaust pipe itself after the cat?

It sounds like a crack in your exhaust manifold and cat to me though. You'll only need to replace those two. Save the expenses for the exhaust later since it doesn't seem like it's broken.

Last edited:

LittleB10

x2 GREDDY EVO BEST EVER!!!!! I just wish they made one for my year integra! But I did stick with greddy and get their racing ti-c for 90-93!!! Titanium bitches! Lmao. anyways I think he means downpipe and cat cracked. so u need a new downpipe, cat converter and then buy a cat back exhaust. i prefer Greddy! :) but there are a lot of good quality and good sounding exhaust out there. cat back systems are kinda pricey but i think if you find a good deal u should be able to pick up a downpipe, cat conv and exhaust system in your range of 600-700 bucks! good luck! i just checked rockauto.com for ya and they have a front pipe(down pipe) for 105, cat converter for 165 (seems high priced, look else where) so all u need to do is find the right cat back system of ur liking and price range. good luck man!