I reset my ECU, and now i have issues

Amiguel6

Car; 94 LS 2 door (OBD1)

So i have been having a CEL on for some time now. Its throwing a code 9, when i do the paperclip method. So i took apart the dizzy and triple checked all of the connections, and they are all good. So after i checked the issue out, i removed the neg. Battery cable and the CEL didn't go off.

So yesterday, i tried the ECU method, and it still didn't turn the CEL off. Anyways, ever since i reset the ECU, my SRI sounds like a damn vacuum! Also, when i go to start the car, it will take like 10-15 seconds to finally turn on. Ive never had this issue until i reset the ECU.

Yes, all my wires, plugs, etc. are good. I put in new ones not that long ago. Also, the dizzy is only a few months old (pretty much brand new still).

Any help is appreciated.

Amiguel6

I followed these steps;

1. Got the car to normal operating temperature

2. Shut off the car and popped the hood to remove the 15 ECU & 7.5 backup fuse.

3. I waited around for about 20 min.

4. Reinstalled the fuses

5. Turned the car on and i let it idle for 15 min. ( i didn't touch a thing)

6. Turn the car off, and then i immediately turned the ignition back on

7. After that i took it for a brisk ride and then the CEL came on after about 20 seconds

I don't know what to do now

Amiguel6

I already read that thread. It didn't help. The CEL being on isn't the issue. The issue now is why does my SRI sound like this and why is my starting like this? They were fine prior to me resetting it

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the cel could be causing it. Could have trouble starting because it cant see tdc

Amiguel6

But the thing is that it wasn't doing that until i reset the ECU last night. Also, why does my SRI sound like a vacuum?