I want an auto x

THE STIG

THE STIG
91 DA9
288xxx miles on body and engine
i want a daily driver with the power to throw down on track and on freeway
1. What should i do for suspension? Should i lower? HOW LOW SHOULD SHE GO?
2.The engine is still strong but i'm worried about it, she's getting on in years
3. I want performance cam, where should i go ?
4. This is a daily driver, i want it to give the Jettas, Golfs and the Scirocco in my town a run for their $$$$
5. It needs new clutch, stage 2 should be enough right? I dont need extremely aggressive engagement?
6. Needs new CV axle, where should i look?
7. I want this build to be as close to $1000 as possible

Thanks guys and gals. My car deserves a makeover i have ran 11000 hard miles on her since i got it i am sure with that many miles it needs a rebuild. The car makes the driver and i know i am better than a low D-Class i need the chance to prove my worth on the local track.

THE STIG

THE STIG
You are right. I've been called The Stig by my friends (maybe only jokingly) but they talk so much game then i challenged him (the one talking the most game) to run on the track (he has 92 Prelude with headers racing radiator and fan) my DA is stock, sure he can pull away on the straights, but i chose a short track and when things got windy he understeered/oversteered first lap and i had him from there. The others i wont challenge i'm not stupid they have builds going on. I admit to young pride when creating this account. I'm good but not the best.

Ryan659

All that for 1k :lol:

Better start ordering off eBay

Nick_C78

he has 92 Prelude with headers racing radiator and fan) my DA is stock
So, a radiator and fan make him have an advantage? On a tiny track with lots of turns your DA had the advantage, because it is WAY lighter than that prelude.

Just figured I would throw that in there. Don't want you to get an ego.

As for your questions, there are plenty of track DA builds. Get to googling. There are a few on nwp4life as well. You can find with just by a little bit of researching. We could simply tell you the answers, but youll benefit more from finding it yourself. When you have a specific question that pertains to you and not a generic set up, we will help. Until then enjoy your researching.

THE STIG

THE STIG
I know that Prelude weights 1000lbs less than my car so it was driver error for sure. It just felt good to beat a friend who was such a loud mouth. He was such a hater on Integras, then he traded his Prelude for a 94, then traded the 94 for a 90. I've got a long way to go before my car is competitive that's for sure. Thanks for the input though it helps A LOT i'm going to check those links. And you're right i wouldnt value the car near as much if it was just handed to me.

dlo253

all the questions youve asked in these various threads are all found very easily... toilet paper and spoon included.