I want white headlight bulbs

patchuro

I have an 88 integra rs, i'm trying to change the headlights to white, i need help on how to find the right bulb and everything, Please and thank you =)

db8_Joe

google is ur best friend. for those flip up lights I reccomend u go to ur local auto parts (autozone etc.) and by the head light housing that has a removable bulb. Then if u really wanted to be white get some 4300k HID's in the new housing.

Correct me if im wrong but if ur bulb goes out, that means ur headlight housing needs to be replaced. Correct? atleast thats how my dads truck was until we bought the more expensive removable bulb headlight.

google this ish

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you will have to convert your 'sealed' headlight beam to the H4 housing.
you could buy the housing at your local auto parts store or ebay.

and as stated above, purchase an HID kit as well.

speaker

non-Acura-driver
you will have to convert your 'sealed' headlight beam to the H4 housing.
you could buy the housing at your local auto parts store or ebay.

and as stated above, purchase an HID kit as well.
I had several cars in the 80's using H4 conversion housings (Scirocco, Mustang, & Corolla GT-S). I went with Hella E-code housings each time and was not disappointed. They are still made too and a bargain. OP, before you make the jump to HID's, try a quality H4 60W/55W halogen bulb set. The combination of better bulb, lens, & reflector is terrific.

Here is a great thread on this - Halogen-to-HID in H4 housings

89teggie

89teggie
just out of curiosity, is there any kit or another front clip off of another car that will swap out the pop up headlights for regular headlights?