idle speed is high

jenktj93

ok i took my 93 teg to the shop for a timing belt replace. i got the car back drove it for about 5 miles.i noticed that the idle was jumping up to about 1300-1500 rmp and down to almost stalling. but it did not. there was also a loud whine sound when the gas was pressed. i took it back to the shop we noticed it was coming from the timing belt. he said it was kinda tight he would redo it
after a day i came back he told me when he first did it he turned it clockwise instead of counter clockwise so it was harder to get the belt on.
now my problem is that the car is not idling the way it was before the job. it sits at about 1000rmp and slightly jumps up while idle to 1300. its suppose to be at 750. it will no go down below 1000rmp.
it cant be the ifvc cleaning or whatever it is because it was normal before the shop job
is it the timing thats off ? or somwehing else

Jabes

if its after the timing belt it might be somethin with the timing I'd have the shop work on it til they fix it cause the problem started after the timing belt was done

Prozon

Kris
If the shop fucked it up, make them fix it.

spegs

What is the standard idle for our cars? Mine idles around 1500, but it constantly jumps. In will like, rev itself, dropping bellow 1000 and then back to 1500. On rare occasion it will sit down around 600. But usually it just like revs itself a few times and then sits at 1500.

jenktj93

iacv check

ok so i took off the air intake from the throttle body and the clip on the iacv started the car it idled fine then started to die down right above the 0 rpm it was about to stall but didnt. it felt like it had no power but was running.howerver the car wasnt getting warm. i assum its because it was runnign so lower it wasnt heating up fast enough. i covered each whole they both were sucking in air.....i shut the off engine
i plugged the clip back in started the car. as the car heated up the bottem whole stopped sucking in air i assume that normal.
the top whole was sucking in air but when covered it would drop idle to almost stalling point.
when left just sitting there warmed up and running with the intake off the idle was perfect no searching. it was between the line under 1000rmp and the line below that . i dont know what the numbers are but its three lines between 0 and 1000 rmp.
i put the intake back on the idle jumped back to 1000 rpm and was searching a little bit.
i took off the filter it idled fine.

question since i covered the top whole(iacv) in the throttle body after warmed up is the car suppose to die down ?
why is does it idle perfect with the air filter off and go to 1000 when its on ?