IM and TB, Ideas?

Anthonyda9

I was thinking about putting in a sk2 IM and throttle body, what would I have to do to get the most out of those?

jznsn2u

I was thinking about putting in a sk2 IM and throttle body, what would I have to do to get the most out of those?
Sk2 im + bigger tb would be kinda useless on an i/h/e set up. I think you would need to at least upgrade your camshafts. Basically upgrade your head unit + tune. Can anyone back me up on this?im not too sure

HKDxSAVIER

yeah you should do lsv then turbo it!! lol

keep stock manys and maybe port match the newer bigger tb

j13

Keep It Clean
LS-VTEC is a good option for a quick power gain, but the LS block wasn't designed for VTEC's high RPM...if you're willing to spend a Grand, than go with a Full B18C1 engine. Goodluck

EDIT: I didn't know this was in the 2nd Gen Section lol

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
skunk2 intake manifold should be okay since the opening is only 64mm i belive the design of the intake manifold will deliver more air than needed though but a bigger TB without porting the opening is a bad idea. i personally would just get a gsr motor (b18c1) or a gsr head and do a ls vtec

Anthonyda9

Does anybody know a ballpark estimate on how much it is to do an lsv? If it's not too much I'd rather just wait for that instead if buying an IM that on gonna have to swap out later

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i have the head...and the lsvtec kit is like 20$ from home deopt. soooooo i would say for me $120 for parts and labor for a stock ls vtec. if i wanted what i really wanted probably 5k for a b20/vtec