installed new bearings but crankshaft is now hard to turn

luvda2ndgenteg

before taking my engine apart it turned really smooth but now its really hard to turn after putting in the new bearings is that normal does it just need to break in? or am i doing something wrong? the bearings are all stock sizes and definitly match up with the old bearings

mirrorimg

Did you plastigage the bearings? is the head on? is their oil in the block and did you lube the crank before putting the mains on?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
^what he said, also…...

need engine specs, and parts used, my friend was sold the wrong bearings for his GSR they where LS bearings and the crank didn't spin after being torqued

92DA_DOHC_ITR

^^^^ what he said i was also sold the wrong bearings and the crank didnt turn smoothly.
did you also use assembly lube? that helps alot i used it in my engine rebuilds :)

luvda2ndgenteg

I did use lube and I know I'm stupid but I didn't plastigage Because I have no money left at all so I was hoping it would all work out good but the crank is tight after I torqued it down I did get a breaker bar to break it loose and its alot easier but then it will get hard again I was thinking maybe it would be better when I put all the oil in to lubricate it more right now my head is off and my block is sitting in my room

Thanks alot for the help guys I love this website Because no one else I know can answer my questions I know more about cars then all my friends and I think I still have tons to learn so I'm glad I can come here to continue learning

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
good luck with the build, i had a motor like that, i was iffy when i bought because it was hard to move buy hand and i had to us a 1/2 inch ratchet to move it, after install though it ran fine, and still is as we know, i wouldn't take that chance with that motor though